About Harmony Gold Mining
Harmony is a gold mining and exploration company that has operations in South Africa, one of the world’s best gold mining regions, and in Papua New Guinea, one of the world’s top new gold-copper regions. The company is also South Africa’s third largest gold producer in 2017. Its South African operations are centered on the Witwatersrand Basin which mines the Ventersdorp Contact Reef as its main ore section. It has also an open pit mine on the Kraaipan Greenstone Belt. While in Papua New Guinea, their operation lies in the Hidden Valley open-pit gold and silver mine.
Harmony provides employment for more than 30000 people in South Africa and more than 2000 people in Papua New Guinea. It has market capitalisation of R9.5 billion as of June 2017.
Harmony Gold Mining Bursaries
Harmony Gold Bursary Scheme accepts qualified applicants from communities surrounding the company’s operations for full-time current students or applicants already registered at accredited Tertiary Institutions in South Africa. It is the applicant’s responsibility to apply for admission to the institutions.
People with disabilities are also encouraged to apply however, selection will be based on the physical demands for a certain occupation.
Bursaries are only valid for the succeeding academic year the application is processed.
Harmony Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Matric OR Matric completion
- Current students OR registrant to full time study at an accredited South African tertiary institution
- Applicants who are recipients of other funding/sponsorship will not be considered
- Students with previous year’s debts will not be considered
- Minimum Rating Level for the following:
- Maths: 5 or 60%
- Maths for Engineering Studies: 6 or 70%
- Science: 5 or 60%
- Science for Engineering Studies: 6 or 70%
- English: 5 or 60%
How to Apply and Application Details
- To apply for this bursary you must need to complete the application process at online by clicking here.
- Submit certified copies of the following documents together with your application form:
- South African ID
- Proof of your results (Grade 12: Submit Grade 11 December results and Grade 12 June results)
- Full academic transcript if already at a tertiary institution
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated. Should you not receive any response within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited for a preliminary interview which will take place at the company’s Randfontein Offices in the Gauteng Province or Welkom Offices in the Free State Province.
31 August 2019
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +11 057 910 6621