About Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA)
The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) was established with an objective to ensure the protection, usage, development, conservation, management, and control of the nation’s water resources. Its responsibilities include investigating and advising interested persons on the proper use and protection of the water resources, developing a catchment management strategy, co-ordinating the related activities of water users and of the water management institutions within its water management area, and promoting community participation in the protection, use, development, conservation, management and control of the water resources.
Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) Bursaries 2022
Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) will be awarding bursaries to deserving students who intend to pursue education towards the following fields of study:
- BSc/B Degree in Environmental Science
- BSc Hydrology/Water Resource Management
- BSc Chemistry, Biochemistry and Microbiology
- BSc Geohydrology, Geomorphology and Botany
The bursary covers the registration, tuition, and examination fees, as well as the costs of accommodation, meals, prescribed educational materials, and stipend.
Note: Females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
In order to be considered for this bursary program, applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria:
- South African citizen
- A resident of Mpumulanga Province (within IUCMA’s Water Management area)
- Certified copies of Matric certificate pass with minimum 65% average marks and with proof of
admission from the institution of higher learning/provisional acceptance letter or must be
admitted or enrolled to study for a Degree in one of the stated fields.
- Accepted at a recognized Institution of Higher Learning
- Intend to enroll or currently enrolled within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Applicant currently enrolled students for any of the above–mentioned fields of study, must attach certified satisfaction academic record in their last study year (study level) with an average of at least
Applicants who are already receiving bursaries or any type of educational financial assistance from any institutions or sponsors do not qualify for this bursary program.
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and complete the IUCMA Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
Completed application forms must be submitted along with certified copies of the following supporting documents:
- South African valid ID
- Matric certificate with a minimum 65% average
- Proof of admission from the Institution of Higher Learning OR provisional acceptance letter OR current enrollment to study for a Degree within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Certified satisfaction academic record in the previous year of study with at least 60% average (only applies to applicants who are already currently enrolled for a Degree within one of the aforementioned fields of study)
- Proof of residence from Local Municipality or Headman/Chief
- Proof of income of the parent or guardian accompanied by an affidavit from South African Police Service (SAPS)
Applications can be forwarded via mail at:
Human Resource Division
Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency
Private Bag x11214
Or, hand-delivered to:
Floor Number 8
Corner Streak and Ferreira Street
Or, Email at Bursaries@iucma.co.za
(Insert the words “IUCMA Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
As part of the terms and conditions, the successful students will sign a bursary contract with the IUCMA as per the external bursary policy.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any correspondence within one month after the bursary program’s closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
The deadline for the application is 14 January 2022 (at 16:00).
For further queries regarding this bursary program, please get in touch with IUCMA directly:
Contact Person: Ms. D Malumane or Ms. Z Tibane
Tel: 013 753 9000
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on December 5, 2021)