About Jamiatul Ulama KZN
Jamiatul Ulama came into existence in 1923 to assist disadvantaged Muslim students. It operates in the transversal areas of South Africa and has its headquarters at Fordsburg, Johannesburg. It is where it settles divorce cases, the Islamic dressing code rules, female issues, and family matters.
The council of theologians’ lives up to offer financial aid to Muslim students from disadvantaged backgrounds apart from being an Islamic law enforcer. Through the help of ZAKAT, where every Muslim should donate a certain amount of their wealth for charitable cases, they have achieved this goal. The form of worship, as it is known, has proven to be beneficial to many. It has improved the lives of the benefactors in many ways.
The Jamiatul Ulama KZN Bursary Fund 2021
Jamiatul Ulama KZN Bursary 2021 aims at offering financial assistance to applicants eligible for ZAKAT. It gives you a chance to apply even when pursuing a secular or Islamic based field of study. Females studying through distance learning should apply for this chance.
Only successful applicants receive feedback before the end of February 2021. The bursary then goes to their institution’s account. If you do not receive any feedback, please know that your application was unsuccessful.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Qualified applicants should meet the following minimum requirements to be eligible for the bursary. Failure to meet any of them leads to the disregard of your application.
- You must be a South African citizen.
- You must be a Muslim.
- You must be a willing female ready to study through distance learning.
- You must be studying for a postgraduate or an undergraduate degree or willing to begin.
- You must be a student or have received a letter of acceptance to an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa.
- You must have exemplary academic results.
- You must come from a disadvantaged background.
Qualified applicants download the Jamiatul Ulama KZN Bursary Fund application form below:
You have to attach the following accompanying documents before submitting the form. Once you fail to have any of the documentation, render your application disregarded.
- You must provide your latest Matric results if studying it.
- You must provide your university results if undertaking your studies there.
- You must provide a certified copy of your South African ID.
- You must include a well-written motivational letter explaining why you deserve to earn the bursary.
- You must include your letter of acceptance from the institution.
- You should provide full details of the course you are to undertake.
- You must include a full statement of the financial details of the course.
- You must ensure to include a clear testimonial from your local Imam.
- You should include 2 testimonials from members other than your family.
- You must provide a 3-month bank statement or an affidavit.
After filling the form, ensure you submit it physically at the Jamiatul-Ulama offices for signing before 17:00 hrs on 31 January 2021.
31 January 2021
Address: 223 Alpine Road, Springfield, Durban, 4091, South Africa.
Telephone Number: +27 31 207 7099 or fax 031 207 4163
E-mail Address: email@example.com