About John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary
John Davidson Education Trust is offering to fund the education of certain students who are in need of it. It only funds students at the Postgraduate Diploma, Honours, and Masters level. For the academic session 2022, the students must be studying at one of the following universities:
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Rhodes University
Only current students from the above universities are eligible to apply. The Trust will inform the university when a candidate is selected.
The amount will be decided on a case-by-case basis and would depend on the need. Some applicants may get complete coverage for their tuition costs.
Shortlisted candidates will get more information regarding the amount and other details. Expect feedback from the university by 31 March 2022. If you do not receive any communication by then, consider your application unsuccessful.
Eligibility Criteria For The John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary
There are entry requirements for the bursary programme. Only those fulfilling all of the criteria will be considered. Since there is a limited number of bursaries on offer and the number of applicants often exceeds them, the Trust can’t award everyone. Therefore, always cross-check before applying to avoid rejection.
The eligibility requirements for John Davidson Education Trust bursary programme 2022 are:
- Must be currently pursuing a Postgraduate Diploma, Honours, or Masters
- Must be studying full-time and not part-time
- The field of study must be either Engineering (excluding Architecture) or Accounting
- Must be studying at one of the universities mentioned above
- Must have a strong academic track record
- Must be in need of proven financial need
Fulfilling all of the criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee bursary funding. Candidates who are more vulnerable financially and have a superior academic track record will get priority over others. The decision taken by the selection committee will be considered final.
How to Apply?
If you’re eligible and interested in the John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary 2022, consider applying. It’s a simple process that shouldn’t take more than half an hour. However, you need to be diligent when completing the steps. Incorrect or incomplete submissions that do not follow the guidelines are rejected without further consideration.
The first step is to complete the official application form. There are separate forms for different universities. You need to download the appropriate form from the university campus or website.
University of Cape Town students can download and complete the John Davidson Trust 2022 application form. There are eight sections, which are:
- Motivation for Award
- Particulars of Applicant
- Student Loan and Financial Aid Received to Date
- Funding, Award, Bursaries you have applied for the 2022 session
- Any other Financial Information that Trustees should know about
- Checklist of Documents needed
You need to complete the required sections by providing the correct answer to each question.
Next, you need to prepare the following documents:
- Academic transcripts of previous studies (certified copies only)
- Approved leave form issued by your employer (mention whether you’re receiving a salary during the leave. If so, part or full salary)
- A 300-words motivational essay supporting your application (explain why you deserve to get the bursary funding)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
You need to submit hard copies to the respective universities.
University of Cape Town:
2nd Level, Otto Beit Building, Upper Campus, University of Cape Town (drop hard copies at the box)
University of KwaZulu-Natal:
To the financial aid advisor at the campus
Main Administration Block in Room 206
Closing Date Of The John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary
The John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary is currently open, and the last date to apply for it is 1 February 2022.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details regarding the bursary programme, get in touch with the financial aid officer at your campus.
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on January 30, 2022)