About Mercedes-Benz South Africa Ltd
Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA) is a completely-owned subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, a global automobile manufacturing company. The company was founded in 1886 by Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz. Today, it boasts a history of over 60 years in South Africa as a devoted corporate citizen. It was established with an objective to revolutionize the way people travel and make it easier and effortless.
Mercedes-Benz South Africa – Pretoria Bursary 2021
Mercedes-Benz program focuses on providing students with funds to support their studies. The Programme aims to harness outstanding students at Grade 12 and Tertiary levels into their fold of growing Talent, by offering the participant financial aid for studies as well as experiential learning. The bursary award by Mercedes-Benz will cover the student tuition expenses, food, and textbook.
Mercedes-Benz South Africa Ltd will be awarding bursaries within the following or intending to study in the following fields of studies:
- Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Industrial etc.)
- Human Resources
- Procurement and Logistics
- Finance and Controlling
- Information Technology and Communication
- Business Studies – Sales, Aftersales and Marketing
- Legal and Compliance – Law
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
In order to be considered for this bursary programme, applicants must qualify in the following minimum entry criteria:
- South African citizen or permanent resident of South Africa
- Grade 12 students
- Students enrolled for or currently pursuing full-time studies (1st and 2nd-year students will have an added advantage)
- Enrolled for or currently pursuing full-time studies within one of the aforementioned fields of study
Existing employees of Mercedes-Benz South Africa Group of Companies are not allowed to apply.
How to Apply and Application Details
All applications must need to be done online by logging onto the Daimler Careers website.
Click here to apply for the Mercedes-Benz South Africa – Pretoria Bursary Programme.
The application must include the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum vitae (ensure that the file size is small enough to upload, e.g. PDF)
- Certified copy of Grade 12 results or latest complete Tertiary academic record
- Certified copy of ID
Only applications submitted online will be considered. Applications submitted via email will be disregarded.
MBSA Bursaries selection criteria
- Grade 12, with 70% average/distinctions in Mathematics and/or Physical Science (engineering streams), for the first half of the year, or
- 65% average at the tertiary level for the first semester.
- The final 2019 year-end mark will form part of the selection process
- Shortlisted applicants may be requested to undergo psychometric assessments.
Pretoria Bursary Application closing on 08 January 2021
(If you will not hear from the MBSA HR Department of the company, please consider your application unsuccessful)
For any queries regarding this bursary programme, please get in touch with Mercedes-Benz directly:
Tel: 0800 133 355