Motsepe Foundation Bursaries
The Motsepe Foundation belaves that education is the key to a better tomorrow. The foundation builds an initiative to invest in the future of rural and urban communities and committed more than 1800 bursaries over the past 5 years to the students who come from poor families throughout South Africa.
The Motsepe Foundation will allocate more 350 bursaries for the 2018 academic year to be awarded to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Business and Arts students at some of the most prestigious academic institutions throughout South Africa.
About Motsepe Foundation
The Motsepe Foundation has made several contributions in terms of global health such as research development for HIV/AIDS cure, global fight against Ebola, cancer research as well as contributions to environmental conservation. In addition to this, the Foundation also funded projects to help the poor and marginalised people in South Africa. The foundation works with the government, organisations and private sectors to address education, health, economic development and empowerment.
Fields of Study
All bursaries will be awarded to students studying in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and also cover other fields of study related to:
Motsepe bursary also gives students the opportunity to study at the most prestigious universities in South Africa, including:
- University of Cape Town
- University of KwaZulu Natal
- University of Pretoria
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of the Witwatersrand
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- University of Johannesburg
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- The applicant must need to be South African citizens
- A minimum average of 70% in Matric, excluding Life Orientation
- Students or intending to study in any of STEM, Business and Arts field
- Excellent academic performance
- Proven financial need
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and fill-up the Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
- Accompany your application form with the certified copies of the following:
- The ID of the applicant
- The ID of each household member including parents or legal guardian
- Recent academic or exam results
- Acceptance letter from the university
- Recent payslip and employment certification, not older than 3 months for each parent or legal
- SASSA letter if any of your family members are receiving a social grant
- For parents or legal guardians working as an informal trader, present a signed affidavit to confirm this employment. This is subject to verification by the Foundation.
- For deceased parent/s, provide a certified copy of the death certificate
- For divorced parents, provide a certified copy of the divorce decree
- For parents not living at home, provide an affidavit indicating the reasons
- For applicants supported by someone, not your parent or legal guardian, provide an affidavit stating the reasons
- Send your completed application form and supporting documents through email at email@example.com.
The Motsepe Foundation bursary closing date for application forms is in the Middle of September Every Year (15 September) but candidates are urged to try and have their forms submitted well before the deadline.
The Motsepe Foundation
Post: P.O.Box 782058, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa
Tel: 011 324 1500