Mulilo is a renewable energy developer and strategic equity investor. Set up in 2008, it aims to provide clean and affordable electricity in the country.
More specifically, Mulilo is focused on Wind and Solar PV technologies. It has solar and wind farms throughout the country. Currently, the company handles projects worth 420 MW. Through its efforts, Mulilo strives to drive Africa towards a sustainable future.
Being a community-focused organization, Mulilo has undertaken several social responsibility projects that are outside the realm of profitability. And the Mulilo Bursary Fund is a part of it.
Mulilo Bursary Fund 2022
Mulilo Bursary Fund was set up in 2014 that aimed at helping unprivileged students complete their education. So far, the bursaries have helped hundreds of students within the communities where Mulilo operates.
For the academic year 2022, Mulilo is accepting applications from all eligible students. The bursaries will cover all fields of study, and students can apply irrespective of the university they’re studying at (provided it’s located within the region Mulilo operates in).
The bursary will cover the following cost:
- Tuition fees
- Textbook allowance
Besides that, bursars will also benefit from a monthly stipend.
There’s a long screening process that includes telephone interviews and in-person interviews. Candidates will be selected after the application review and interviews are completed.
Mulilo will announce the list of bursars by 15 January 2022.
The bursary is open to a certain group of students who meet the eligibility criteria laid out by Mulilo. Since the organization receives many applications, it cannot award the bursaries award everyone, which are limited in number.
Therefore, you must cross-check the requirements and make sure you fulfill all of them.
The eligibility criteria for Mulilo Bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must not exceed 35 years of age at the time of applying
- Must reside within the Northern Cape province
- Must have either completed Matriculation or currently studying at Matric level
- Must be either studying or have applied for undergrad and postgrad degrees
- Must be either studying or have applied at a South African tertiary institution, which can be a university, Technicon, or TVET college
Please note that fulfilling all the requirements doesn’t guarantee selection. As already mentioned, it depends on the result of the interviews that follow. The final decision will be taken by the Mulilo selection committee unanimously.
How to Apply?
If you meet all the criteria, move forward with the application process. It’s a multi-step process, and you need to be diligent throughout. The steps to apply for the Mulilo bursary 2022 are:
The first step is to complete an online application form. It’s important because that’s how Mulilo keeps track of your application.
Access the form by clicking here online. It will ask you specific questions about:
- The type of application (whether applying for undergrad, postgrad, graduate, or study abroad program)
- The applicant (which in this case is you)
- Family biographical information
- Your past and current education
Provide accurate answers to all questions without skipping anything unless otherwise specified.
The documents requested for the Mulilo bursary 2022 are:
- ID documents
- Matric certificate (submit current Matric results if currently in Matric)
- Full academic records
- Proof of registration at a recognized tertiary institution (must be on institution letterhead)
- A motivational essay describing why you’re applying for the bursary and why you think you’re the best fit. You can talk about the following:
- Family and current circumstances
- Likes and dislikes
- Passion and hobbies
- Overview of school life
- Community involvement
- The future of South Africa you visualize in 10 years from now
Selected candidates will be asked to provide a testimonial from someone within their community. Then, there will be a series of interviews, post which the bursars are declared.
The closing date for the Mulilo bursary 2022 is 19 October 2021. Applications past this date aren’t considered for the bursary. So, submit within that date and as soon as possible.
You can get in touch with the bursary provider for any queries at the following:
- Telephone – 021 685 3240 / 063 296 2908
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If the application date is over, please do not contact Mulilo regarding the bursary.
Please do NOT contact Mulilo if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/