Bursaries are a great initiative to encourage aspiring students to achieve their academic goals. Students who have a keen interest in pursuing their careers but do not have sufficient means can benefit from bursaries. One such bursary that supports talented individuals to take up their dream careers is the Nestle Future Talent Bursary.
Nestle came into existence in the year 1866. It was founded by Henri Nestle who was a Swiss Pharmacist. Nestle as a Food and Beverage Company is renowned all across the globe. In a quest to enhance the food quality for everyone, Nestle strives to encourage young talent to polish their skills and participate in the industry.
Nestle was formed as a result of a merger between two companies namely; Farine Lactee Henri Nestle and the Anglo-Swiss Milk Company.
The company has spread its wings across 191 countries and has more than 2000 brands. Nestle is a name that is known to customers for 100 years It constantly adds products to the market to meet consumer demands.
Some of its products include; dairy, beverages, packaged water, cereals, frozen food, chocolate, etc.
Nestle Future Talent Bursary 2022
Nestle aims to help talented, self-motivated, and passionate students to make a career by providing bursaries. The Nestle Future Talent Bursary is open to students who want to pursue higher studies. The bursary is open for the academic year 2022 for the following fields of study:
- Commerce: industrial psychology, supply chain management, economics
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Animal Husbandry (Agriculture)
- Data Analyst: Data Science, Data Communication, Datametrics
- Human Resource management
- Finance – B.com Accounting, B.com financial sciences
- Food Science and technology
- Innovation- Management of technology and innovation, entrepreneurship and innovation management, innovation and digital thinking
- E-commerce; digital marketing, digital media, e-commerce management, brand management, social media marketing
- Engineering; mechanical, automation, robotics, mechatronics, industrial engineering
This bursary will cover the following expenses of the students:
- Tuition fees
- Textbook costs
- Accommodation allowance
- Meal allowance
- Students are awarded the bursary for one year at a time. The bursaries are renewable for subsequent years based on the performance of the students and the will of the company
- Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by December 23, 2021
- Students who do not receive any communication by the said date can deem their application unsuccessful
- This Bursary is open for the children of Nestle employees as well as outsiders.
- Students must submit their applications before the closing date to avoid rejection.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
For the application to be accepted by the company, students should fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- Students must be citizens of South Africa
- One must be aged 17-25 years
- Applicants must have completed their Matric
- Students must be studying or be willing to study at a recognized University in South Africa
- Engineering students are required to achieve a minimum level 6 for Mathematics and Physical Sciences in Matric
- One must have the interest to study one of the fields mentioned above
- Tertiary students who apply for the first time should have achieved a minimum average score of 70% for all courses in the current year of study
- Students must be good academic performers
- Applicants must be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Students must prove their financial incapability. Their household income must not exceed R605 000 per year
How to Apply?
Students must make sure to attach the following documents along with the application form. Failure to submit all the documents can lead to the rejection of the student’s application.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Most recent academic results on the institution’s letterhead
- Proof of registration/admission at the University on the institution’s letterhead
- Certified copy of household income proof like payslip, affidavit (if unemployed)
The last date of application is 21 November 2021
In case of any queries related to this bursary, students can contact the administrators of this bursary (careerwise) on the following:
Name: Mr. John Legoete
Telephone: 086 100 7787
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Nestlé. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/