About National Housing Finance Corporation (NHFC)
The National Housing Finance Corporation (NHFC) is among the several Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) founded by the South African government to sustainably improve on the socio-economic challenges in the country. It is established in 1996 with a mission to provide housing finance, project facilitation, and technical assistance to private and public entities guaranteeing the availability of housing stock for the target market. Ultimately, NHFC is responsible for providing affordable housing finance solutions and ensuring the development of sustainable human settlements.
NHFC Bursary Fund 2020
The NHFC will be awarding bursaries to tertiary students in the second year and postgraduate levels studying within one of the following fields of study:
- Economic Development
- Risk Management
- Real Estate
- Property Markets
- Energy Efficiency
- Human Settlements
- Construction Economics
- Housing Construction
- Developmental Studies
- Built Environment
The bursary will cover the tuition fees, prescribed books, and other study materials. Student accommodation and other expenses may be covered at the discretion of NHFC.
Successful bursars are required to renew their bursary every year, whereby the decision of approval is solely based on the student’s academic performance.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
In order to be considered for the bursary, the applicant must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria:
- South African citizen
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Possess a strong academic record
- From a financially disadvantaged background
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and complete the NHFC Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
In addition to the completed application form, applicants are required to submit certified copies of the following documentation:
- Grade 12 results and all past Academic results
- R.S.A. Bar Coded Identity Document of Bursary Applicant
- R.S.A. Bar Coded Identity Document of Parent/Guardian
- ID/Birth Certificates of all individuals listed as part of the household
- Proof of Monthly Income of Parent/Guardian
- Academic record on the official letterhead of the University
- Proof of Admission by the University
- Permanent Residence Permit (Bar Coded Permit)
A completed application form along with the necessary documents must be sent electronically via email to [email protected]. The email subject line must be: “NHFC Bursary Application – Your Full Name“.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – should you not receive a response, please consider your application unsuccessful.
30 November 2019
For any queries regarding this bursary program, you may get in touch with the bursary provider directly:
Human Resources Division
Email: [email protected]