Imfundo Trust is initiated by the Old Mutual Investment Group (OMIG) which intends to improve the pool of qualified professionals in the asset management industry. Since its founding in 2011, it has given about R4 000 000 every year on scholarships. Imfundo Trust centered deserving black individuals especially women, on acquiring higher education at the top South African universities.
The Imfundo Trust Scholarships provide funding to study on a full-time basis for a first-time undergraduate at an accredited University in South Africa.
Continuation of the OMIG financial assistance will require that the student pass each academic year. OMIG scholars are not required to pay back the scholarship, thus, upon graduation, they are not obliged to join or work for the Old Mutual Investment Group.
OMIG Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Applicants currently in their first year must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
- Scholarship is only available to applicants who will be in their first or second year in 2022.
- Minimum 70% average as well as minimum 70% for Mathematics, and 70% for English FAL (or 60% for English HL)
- Proven financial need
- Preference will be given to applicants from rural and township backgrounds
- Hard-working students who are able to demonstrate success in tertiary study
- 50% of candidates should be black female
How to Apply and Application Details
Applications for the OMIG Imfundo Trust scholarship must be completed online through the StudyTrust website at this link.
Applications open from 01 April to 30 September
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on July 15, 2021)