Promaths Bursary Fund
The Kutlwanong Maths, Science and Technology Centre is calling on eligible candidates to submit an application and qualify for its Promaths Bursary Fund opportunity for 2021. The bursary programme is targeted towards high school learners and offers extra classes in Maths and Science to further improve their skills in these subjects. Funded by Investec, the Promaths Bursary Fund aims to:
- Provide bursary support to Promaths alumni who are financially constrained but are top-performing academically
- Provide a good opportunity for such deserving students to complete their tertiary studies
- Reduce the number of deserving candidates who matriculate with good grades but incapable of continuing their studies
- Promote good role modeling in communities where Promaths operate
The Promaths Bursary Fund is a collaborative effort between NGOs, corporations and other entities that award bursaries within scarce skill courses. The fund is managed by StudyTrust and operates separately from its partners and donors.
About Kutlwanong Maths, Science and Technology Centre
Operating since 2005, the Kutlwanong Maths, Science and Technology Centre, is a South African NGO that works to advance the STEM performance of black learners in the country. This is also to produce well-equipped students who wish to pursue careers in the field of Science, Commerce and other related fields. Active in eight (8) South African provinces, this NGO is composed of educators, assistance staff that runs various programmes to achieve its goals.
The Kutlwanong Maths, Science and Technology Centre is currently focused on improving the rural and township youths in South Africa and have successfully produced a steady steam of young black professionals in the pipeline in pursuit of careers in the Engineering, Mining, Science, Commerce and IT.
Promaths Bursary Fund Requirements and Eligibility
- Must be South African citizen
- Must have attended a Kutlwanong Centre or Promaths across South Africa
- Already gained admission to a reputable higher education institution in pursuit of a rare skills degree on national diploma programme
How to Apply and Application Details
- Applications must be done on StudyTrust’s Leaply application portal. Click here to access the page.
- Once you get there, be sure to choose the appropriate application link as there are separate application forms form Grade 12 students and those who are already pursuing a degree
30 September 2021
Ms Sharon Ramborosa
Tel: 011 403-1632 x 1120
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on May 23, 2021)