About Public Investment Corporation (PIC)
The Public Investment Corporation (PIC) is the largest investment management company on the African continent that focuses exclusively on the public sector. PIC not only delivers healthy returns for its clients but also contributes to socio-economic development. The company’s clients composed of 23 public entities that govern pension, provident, social security and guardian funds. The largest client is Government Employees Pension Fund (GEPF) accounting for 87.72% of assets under management, followed by Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), Compensation Commissioner(CC), Compensation Commissioner Pension Fund (CP) and Associated Institutions Pension Fund (AIPF). Smaller clients are the remainder of PIC’s clientele.
Public Investment Corporation (PIC) Bursaries
In line with the passion towards community contribution and lives improvement for people, The Public Investment Corporation SOC Ltd (PIC) has established a bursary programme for the previously disadvantaged students with academic potential who wish to pursue their education.
Candidates who have proven financial need will be considered for the bursary programme. The bursary will be awarded for the full academic period at a single academic institution. Vacation work, Internship and Learnership programmes are available for bursary holders during June/July or December/January periods.
The following fields of study are accepted for the bursary:
- Accounting, Auditing & Finance (Corporate & Investment)
- Information Communications & Technology/Computer Science
- Investment Management
- Internal Audit
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Actuarial Science and Mathematical Statistics
- Data Analytics, Research
- Human Resources, Graphic Design
PIC Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Applicants in Grade 12 or under-graduate level (NQF 6 and 7) already registered at a recognized higher learning institutions in South Africa will be given preference
- 35 years and below are preferred
- Proven financial need or household income of R600 000 and below per annum
- Good academic merit
- Full-time student and unemployed
How to Apply and Application Details
The application process must be done online. Click here to apply Online for the PIC Bursary
Accompany your application form with the certified copies of the following documents:
- Valid RSA ID
- Medical Certificate in case of disability
- Proof of monthly household income and dependants
- Academic transcripts for students currently enrolled at an accredited tertiary institution
- Matric Certificate or Grade 11 and June results for applicants currently in Grade 12
- Copy of signed student loan agreement, if applicable
- Preliminary acceptance letter(s) from a registered institution
- Tuition, books, institution accredited accommodation and meals quotation
Applications are currently closed.
Save this page or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter to receive the latest updates.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
Address: Menlyn Maine Central Square, Corner Aramist Avenue & Corobay Avenue Waterkloof Glen Extension 2 Pretoria, South Africa 0181
Post: Private Bag X 187, Pretoria South Africa 0001
Tel: +27 12 742 3400
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on August 19, 2021)