About Rhodes University John Davidson Educational Trust
Postgraduate students interested to further pursue their studies in Commerce, Management, and Engineering at UCT can apply for financial assistance or the bursary offered by the John Davidson Educational Trust. These students can get funds either for specific grants for board and lodging, tuition, and other types of financial assistance or for overall assistance.
Priority for the bursaries will go to those with suitable records of academic performance and need financial assistance based on the Trustees’ opinions. Additionally, the Trustees will also consider the applicant’s career plans, whether or not the applicants intend to make an ongoing contribution to the social and economic environments of South Africa.
Rhodes University John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary 2021
The John Davidson Educational Trust provides financial assistance to postgraduate students, specifically in the fields of Accounting and Engineering, but only at Honours, Masters, and Post Graduate Diploma levels. Unrelated courses aren’t considered. The bursary is for the Academic Year 2021, which means that it isn’t valid for the following year.
Rhodes University John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
For applicants to qualify for this bursary, they must:
- Be students in the Commerce, Management, and Engineering fields, either ( Honours, Masters, Ph.D., or Diploma levels).
- Show financial need and academic suitability.
How to Apply and Application Details
Students interested in applying for this bursary should complete the JDET Bursary Application Form 2021. doc
Submit the following documents along with the bursary application form:
- A Motivation for Award Essay, which shouldn’t exceed 300 words.
- Curriculum Vitae that only consists of one page.
- Basic Information, including complete name, title, nationality, proposed degree in the Academic Year 2021, home address, email address, cellphone number, ID Number (for citizens of South Africa), passport number, and study permit (for students who aren’t citizens of South Africa).
- A statement indicating the total amount of funding the applicant needs.
- Details of the person responsible for paying the applicant’s living allowances and other fees.
- The assets of the person who will pay the applicant’s fees.
- A list of everyone dependent on the income of the person stated above. The applicant should start with their own name then list the names of the other dependents.
- Any awards, funding, scholarships, or bursaries for which the student has applied elsewhere for the Academic Year 2021.
- Other financial details that the applicant wants the Trustees to know.
Other required documentation to submit include:
- Certified copies of academic transcripts from your previous studies.
- For applicants on study leave, they must submit a certified copy of their approved leave form or a letter from their employer that confirms that they have been officially granted study leave for the period of their studies. Also, the applicant must advise whether or not they’re receiving their salary or any part of their salary while on study leave.
- Academic transcripts and other proof of qualifications.
You need to email the attached application together will all the required attachments to email@example.com on or before the closing date.
The bursary closing date is 20 January 2021
Applications that are either late or incomplete won’t get considered. The Trust will advise the University about the outcome of the awards in March. Applicants who won’t receive any notification by the 31st of March may assume that their applications aren’t successful.
Address: PO Box 94 Grahamstown, 6140, South Africa
Tel. No.: +27 (0)46 603 8111
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org