About South African Bulk Terminals (SABT)
The Bidvest Group receives freight services from South African Bulk Terminals. It works as their freight managerial arm that handles the transportation and storage of bulk commodities. They include imported and exported rice, soya, maize, wheat, maize, beans, and sunflower seeds.
Its line of work backs it to base near the ports for easy access and transportation of these materials. They carry out their operation in two world-class bulk terminals in Durban, the DBS, and RBT. These make it easier for them to work with various countries and provide their services to customers around the globe.
The South African Bulk Terminals (SABT) Bursary 2021
The SABT bursary program is open to any student taking Matric and is in the process of pursuing their tertiary studies in 2021. They offer the bursary to students doing a course in any field but entering their 1st year.
You can apply for this bursary if you meet the following:
- Grade 12 learners/ Matriculants (intending to enrol in their first year of Tertiary studies in 2021)
- Full time learners currently enrolled at Tertiary institutions who require funding for the 2021 academic year
Once you receive it, the bursary covers the following expenses while studying in a tertiary institution.
- Tuition fees.
- Registration fees.
- Exam fees.
- Other study costs that meet the approval of SABT management.
Shortlisted applicants receive feedback, attend a panel interview, and after we contact successful applicants. If you do not receive any feedback by 28 February 2021, accept that your application was unsuccessful.
SABT Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
You must meet the following minimum application requirements before you begin applying for the bursary. Failure to meet any of them leads to the disregard of your application.
- You must be a South African citizen.
- You must be below the age of 35 years when applying.
- You must be a current Matric student or have completed Matric.
- You must be studying or are in the process of studying full-time in 2021.
- You must be a student or yet to study in a Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) accredited institution in South Africa.
- You must not have any employment.
- If you are disable, you should apply.
Qualified applicants should download the bursary application form below:
After filling it, you should ensure to include the following accompanying documents before submission. Failure to have any of them leads to the disregard of your application.
- You must provide a certified copy of your ID document.
- You must ensure to submit a certified copy of your Grade 11 final results.
- You must submit a certified copy of your latest Matric results if studying Matric.
- Provide a full record of your tertiary academic if studying it on a tertiary letterhead.
- If you are disable, provide a doctor’s letter of confirmation.
- You must include a written motivational letter why you deserve the bursary.
- You must include a brief CV written in not more than 2 pages.
You should ensure to complete the application and send it through e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure you insert the word “BURSARY2021″ in the e-mail subject line.
You should ensure to adhere to the following when applying.
- Submit the application form in PDF format.
- Ensure you submit the application in soft copy only electronically via e-mail.
31 January 2021
Address: 101 Maydon Rd, Maydon Wharf, Durban, 4001.
Telephone Number: +27 31 327 5000
E-mail address: email@example.com