Nations that want to achieve success should support the academic goals of the young population and help them to gain knowledge. When the youth is educated it will bring about progressive changes and help the nation to achieve glory.
By designing bursary programs for deserving students South African Universities and organizations have started a great initiative. If you are enthusiastic and talented but lack the financial means to fund your education then the UTC online bursary program is the right choice for you.
About UTC and Sanlam Group
The University of Cape Town needs no introduction and is one of the prestigious educational institutions in South Africa. It was founded in the year 1829 as a South African college for boys. Since then it has grown substantially and developed into a full-fledged University. The University also provides several bursary programs to aid needy students and help them to secure a bright future.
Sanlam Group Technology and Information was founded as a life insurance company in South Africa. However, it transformed into a financial services company and has been operating for more than 100 years.
UCT in collaboration with the Sanlam group has started the online bursary program to assist needy students.
About the Sanlam UCT Online High School Scholarship
Through this online bursary program, talented students will receive financial help towards their education. If you are an ambitious and passionate 7th -grade student and need assistance to continue further education then this bursary program will assist you to complete your education.
The Sanlam UCT online high school scholarship program caters to the financial need of students who are academic performers but lack the means to fund their education. By extending financial support to talented youth, this bursary program aims to nurture the future of skills that the South African nation needs.
This bursary program covers the following expenses on behalf of the students.
- 100% tuition fees
- Developmental sessions from Sanlam leaders
- Career opportunities and university bursaries
Other expenditures and requirements should be covered by the students. The requirements include the following:
- Access to the internet
- A laptop and headset
- Personal space to work and learn
- Stationery as mentioned
- Examination fee for matric (estimated to be R9000)
Students who wish to receive the UCT online bursary are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will lead to the rejection of the student’s application.
- Applicants must be citizens of South Africa
- Students studying in grade 7 in 2021 are eligible for this bursary
- One must not be older than 13 years or younger than 12 years in grade 7
- Applicants should belong to disadvantaged backgrounds and must be African, colored, or Indian
- Applicants must have an interest to attend online school
- One must possess the basic computer skills
- Students must have a reliable internet connection with download and upload speeds of 10 Mbps and 1 Mbps respectively.
- Students must obtain a minimum of 70% in Mathematics and English and a minimum average of 70% on the latest school report.
How to Apply?
Following are the steps to complete the application process for UCT high school Sanlam bursary:
Step 1: Students must complete an online application form and attach the documents as mentioned below:
- Proof of household income supported by one of the following:
- Payslip (not more than 3 months old)
- Employment agreement/contract
- IRP5 SARS tax form
- SASSA grant or other income proof
- Letter from the employer
- Letter of recommendation from current school authorities
- Video of interview questions
Step 2: After applying for the bursary, students are required to undergo a Mathematic and English language test. On successful completion of test and verification of documents, students will be shortlisted.
Step 3: Shortlisted candidates should submit the following:
- 2nd term report for grade 7
- Grade 7 final report (to be submitted at the end of the year)
- Birth certificate of the applicant (abridged or unabridged)
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a notification/communication before Christmas.
- Failure to maintain a strong academic performance can lead to the withdrawal of the scholarship
- If you wish to leave the UCT, 3 months notice is required to be submitted
The last date of application is 17 November 2021 (extended date)
For any queries related to the application students can contact the following:
Phone: +27 21 140 1792
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact UCT Online High School/Sanlam. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on November 12, 2021)