SASAS Post-Graduate Bursary 2020
The South African Society for Animal Science (SASAS) will be awarding bursaries to brilliant young students who are a member of its Society and have graduated at a South African university.
The amount of the bursary shall be decided by the Council and shall be paid in two installments (one per year) directly to the successful candidate.
In the event that the bursar fails to complete his or her study, SASAS reserves the right to obtain the total amount of the bursary in addition to a 10% interest from the bursary recipient.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
In order to be considered for this bursary, the applicant must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria:
- A post-graduate student who has graduated at a South African university
- A member of the Society
- Achieved exceptional academic performance (cum laude)
- Intend to pursue education within any recognized animal science fields of study at any university in South Africa
- Qualified with at least a BSc (Agric.) in Animal Science or Animal Production
- Agree to undertake to complete the Honours degree within two (2) years and the Master’s degree within four (4) years
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and Complete the SASAS Post-Graduate Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
The following supporting documents must accompany the completed application form:
- Official study record
- Recommendation by study leader
- A certified copy of the graduation certificate for degrees already acquired by the applicant
- A certified copy of an official statement of all subjects and symbols already completed
Applications can be forwarded to:
The Secretary, SASAS, PO Box 13884, Hatfield, 0028, Pretoria
Or via email at: [email protected]
29 February 2020
For further queries relating to this bursary program, please get in touch with SASAS directly:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 012 420 6017
Click here to view the bursary advert.