SATC stands for South African Transport Conference. It’s an annual conference that attracts 700 delegates each year from around the country. Because of its proven effectiveness, the conference is sponsored by the International Road Federation (IRF).
The organizing committee holds the forum with the aim of:
- Providing a unifying platform for national and international dialogue on transport
- Facilitating the exchange of information and ideas on how to develop transport policies, strategies, and technology applications
- To foster and strengthen the relationship among all stakeholders, both from the public and private sector
SATC also provides bursaries to certain students to facilitate the influx of talented minds into the South African transportation industry.
Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) 2022
The SATC offers bursaries to certain students who will potentially benefit the transportation industry in South Africa. It offers two types of bursaries. One is for the SADC students who are pursuing their undergraduate degrees. And the second is for SADC students pursuing their postgraduate degrees, either Masters or Doctors.
For the academic year 2022, SATC will select one undergraduate student and two postgraduate students.
The bursaries for postgraduate students are valued at R 170,000 each. The university will directly receive the amount and will go towards your research.
The bursary amount for undergrad students will vary depending on various factors. It will cover the expenses like tuition fees, accommodation, and prescribed books. Students will have to pay for the expenses which are not covered by the bursary.
Furthermore, the amount isn’t paid all at once. It is disbursed in two installments. The first installment will arrive in February, and the second will be paid off in July.
After the first academic year, students will have to renew the bursary for the second year. The renewal involves an evaluation of academic performance for the current year. Only those with satisfactory results will avail the bursary for the following year.
If the students fail to complete their course, they will have to refund the amount in full with interest.
SATC Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Applicants looking forward to the SATC bursary must meet the eligibility criteria laid out by the SATC Secretariat. Since the number of bursaries is limited, it will reject those that do not fulfill all the criteria.
Eligibility requirements for SATC bursary 2022 are:
- Must be either a South African citizen or of one of the SADC countries
- Must be studying full-time towards an undergrad or postgrad degree in the field of transportation. The postgrad studies must include a research component in transport
- Must be studying at a recognized institution in South Africa
- Must not be receiving benefits from other bursaries, scholarships, or awards
Only those candidates that meet the criteria should apply for the bursary.
Please note that fulfilling the criteria does not guarantee funding. It depends on the selection committee to select the students as bursars. Their decision will be considered final.
How to Apply?
If you’re eligible and meet all the criteria mentioned above, move forward with the application process. It’s quick and straightforward but demands attention to detail. Here are the steps involved:
The first step is to download and complete the SATC Bursary Application Form for Study 2022. It’s in Docx format. So open in a suitable Word Processor and complete the form.
The form asks certain questions about your personal and academic details. Answer them accordingly and correctly.
You’d also have to write a motivational letter towards the end describing why you’re the best candidate for the bursary.
Collect the documents needed for processing your application, which are:
- Matric certificate
- Membership certificate of professional bodies
- Recent photographs
- An invoice detailing expenses (for undergrad applicants)
- Degree certificate and academic record (for postgrad applicants)
The documents should be certified copies.
You have to email the completed application form and scanned documents to the following email address:
In the subject line, write “SATC Bursary Application – Your Full Name”
Before sending the form and documents, it’s essential to cross-check to ensure accuracy.
The last date to apply for the bursary is:
- 13 December 2021 – For Postgrad students
- 30 January 2022 – For Undergrad students
You can get in touch with the bursary provider at:
- Telephone – 012 804 3762
- Mobile – 083 324 9622
- Email – email@example.com
Please do NOT contact the South African Transport Conference, if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on September 30, 2021)