About Setshaba Research Centre
The Setshaba Research Centre is a South-African based not-for-profit, non-governmental organization. It is a well-established organization aimed at being world-class in health research. It benefits the local communities while creating a global impact.
The Centre is located within the Tshwane district, an area infested with infectious ailments and HIV/TB. Since its inception in 2004, Setshaba Research Center has grown extensively and has gained experience in fields like maternal & pediatric, COVID, HIV, TB and other infectious and non-infectious ailments.
With dedicated and relentless work, SRC has established itself as a solid foundation in the neighbouring communities. The core values of the site include diversity, respect, integrity, excellence, growth and unity.
The core focus of the establishment is to conduct HIV prevention studies in the field of microbicides. They also wish to follow the studies with Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis studies. Their portfolio has also been strategically expanded to TB vaccine studies, HIV, COVID and TB diagnostic studies.
SRC’s experience in the research can be well gauged from their current and completed projects. The statistics have also contributed effectively to the recruitment and retention of participants in different projects.
Setshaba Research Centre Bursary
Setshaba Research Centre Bursary Program aims at providing financial assistance to deserving students from geographical areas of Soshanguve and its surrounding area who do not have the means to study an undergraduate degree or diploma degree at any South African University.
This bursary is paid annually and depending upon the length of the degree and the applicant’s academic performance, the bursary is renewed annually. If the individual fails to pass the semester or the year, he/she will not be considered eligible for the renewal of the bursary. But if motivation is submitted in support of the renewal, then it can be considered by the committee.
A limit to the monetary value of the bursary can be observed. A stipend for living expenditures and educational materials is also included in the bursary.
The Setshaba Research Centre Bursary Program includes:
- Residence/ Private Accommodation
- Stationary and books
- Personal Computer
- Transport Facilities
The bursary caters to all degree and diploma programmes but high priority is given to the following fields of study:
- Accounting and commerce
- Engineering and the built environment
- Human resources
- Information Technology
- Project Coordination
- Office Administration
- Media Communication
- Office Administration
- Project Coordination
The bursary allocation is limited and therefore the screening process for the bursary is competitive. After the review of the documents submitted, selected candidates would be requested to participate in psychometric or other assessments and attend an interview.
The reports of the applicants are then submitted to the SRC bursary committee and the final decision is taken by them.
Applicants need to follow the following eligibility criteria
- Must be a South African citizen. Applicants residing within the SRC vicinity will be given preference.
- Documents stating financial need will like a family income certificate needs to be submitted
- Academic certificates to be considered eligible for a tertiary bursary are required.
- The applicant must obtain a minimum of 65% marks in matric and a minimum of 60% marks in the year applying for the bursary.
- A minimum percentage of 65% is required in the subjects as an average for qualification in the desired University.
- The applicant must successfully obtain admission approval to a South African University.
How to apply?
The applicants have to visit the official website of StudyTrust to complete the application form for the Bursary by Satbhaba Research Center.
Applicants need to submit the following documents along with their application to be considered for the bursary programme.
- Document verifying the South African identity of the applicant. (Should not be older than 3 months)
- Residential address proof
- Admission to Provisional Institution confirmation
- Latest academic certificates
- Income certificate proof (recent payslip or letter of employment, not older than 3 months, bond statement, council rate accounts, tax returns, maintenance orders and divorce orders)
The application period starts on 1 May and ends on 30 September 2022.
If the candidate has any queries, they can contact the provider (Setshaba Research Centre) directly:
Phone: +27(0)12 799 2422
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on May 7, 2022)