Sishen Iron Ore is a Pretoria based metal ore mining industry known for the supply of high-quality iron ore. It contributes to the steel industry because it attributes its source from the Kumba Iron Ore Company. The two work together in creating quality steel products used in ships, buildings, making automobiles, and creating locomotives.
The branch of Kumba Iron Ore Limited is a community development trust that focuses on building the lives of those around it. It is why it offers the SIOC-CDT Bursary since 2006 to help the disadvantaged students living around the company achieve their educational dreams.
The SIOC-CDT Bursary 2021
SIOC-CDT 2021 Bursary offers underprivileged students living in the areas around the company financial aid to cater to their studies. It focuses on those pursuing the following fields of study in any institution across South Africa.
- Agriculture with specialization in Agricultural Economics/ Agricultural engineer food technologist/ Environmental officer/ Food technician/ Livestock product analyst/ Veterinarian.
- Commerce with specialization in Accounting/ Auditing and Tax/ Economics.
- Education with specialization in BEd.Foundation Phase/ BEd.Natural Science/ BEd.FET Mathematics/ BEd.FET Physical Science/ Economics and Management Science/ Language/ Special Needs.
- Engineering and Science with specialization in Architecture/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Geology/ Quantity Surveying.
- Health with specialization in Advanced EMS/ Dentistry/ MBChB/ Nursing/ Pharmacy.
- Information Technology with a specialization in Computer Sciences/ Software Development.
- Law with specialization in LLB.
- Tourism with specialization in Arts and Culture Heritage/ Ecotourism Management/ Hospitality Management.
The bursary covers the cost of some of the following expenses in addition to catering for your tuition fees.
- Registration fees.
- The cost of prescribed study materials.
- The cost of accommodation.
- A monthly stipend.
Within no time, shortlisted candidates receive feedback. They are then required to attend panel interviews.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Qualified applicants must satisfy some of the following minimum application requirements for the consideration of their application. Failure to meet any of these leads to the disregard of your application.
- South African citizen.
- Residing in Ga-Segonyana/ Gamagara/ Joe Morolong/ Thabazimbi/ Tsantsabane.
- You must not be above 35 years old.
- You must be a student currently studying Matric.
- You must have earned a minimum of 65% in your latest academic results.
- You must study or intend to begin your studies in any of the above fields.
- You should be ready to begin studying at an accredited South African institution.
- You must have a lower household income to prove your need for financial assistance.
- Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Once you meet the above requirements, download the application form from SIOC-CDT Bursary Application Form.pdf
Ensure you fill out every detail before submitting it and attach the following documents. Failure to include any of the results to the disregard of your application.
- Provide a certified copy of your ID document.
- You must provide a certified copy of your Matric results for June.
- You must include a document to prove your acceptance to study at an accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa.
- If you are a person with a disability, ensure to include a medical note to show and explain the type of disability.
- Ensure you include a written letter on a single page explaining why you deserve the bursary.
- You must provide your household proof of income.
- You must include a document to prove your area or residence.
After completing the above procedure, submit the application form through any of these means.
- E-mail email@example.com.
- You can send it via the postal office, Box 30632, Kathu, 8446.
- Deliver it personally at SIOC-CDT Office Park, Cnr Hendrick Van Eck and Ian Flemming Roads, Kathu, 8446 or GT-CDT Office Park, 11 Jourdan Street, Thabazimbi, 0380.
31st January 2021
Address: SIOC-CDT Office Park, Cnr Hendrick Van Eck, and Ian Flemming Roads, Kathu, 8446 or GT-CDT Office Park, 11 Jourdan Street, Thabazimbi, 0380.
Telephone Number: +27 53 723 1116 or +27 53 723 1479
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org