About South African Reserve Bank
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is the monetary authority of South Africa. The Bank’s main responsibility is to safeguard the value of the currency, as well as to promote growth and stability in the South African economy. Also, the Bank issues and destroys currencies (that includes both banknotes and coins); manages the payment system of the nation, acts as the government’s banker, manages the foreign reserves and official gold of the country, supervises and regulates financial institutions, and acts as the lender for offering liquidity assistance and also administer the exchange rate system.
South African Reserve Bank Art Scholarship 2022
Applications are open for the South African Reserve Bank (SARB)’s annual art scholarship for the academic year 2022. The annual arts scholarship is available to the qualifying students of Fine Arts in South Africa. A Fine Arts student may apply for the scholarship for their final year of undergraduate degree studies.
The scholarship has a value of R50 000. Scholarship recipients will be required to participate in the SARB’s mentorship program and to donate one piece of artwork from their graduate project as part of the South African Reserve Bank.
The shortlisted candidates will be selected based on the following criteria: artwork submitted, academic results, and artist statement. Interviews will be conducted at the Pretoria head office for shortlisted candidates. Applicants who do not hear back should accept their application as not successful.
Eligibility Criteria For The SARB Art Scholarship
To apply for the South African Reserve Bank Art Scholarship 2022, candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria. If you fail to meet any of the below-mentioned requirements, your application will not be considered for the bursary programme. Therefore, make sure you meet all the requirements before applying.
- You must be a South African citizen
- Students must be studying at a recognized and accredited South African university or university of technology in South Africa’s Gauteng Province
- In 2022, you must be entering the final year of your undergraduate studies in Fine Arts
- Applicants must be currently registered or pursuing one of the following degrees or diplomas:
- Students in the final year of a 4-year fine arts undergraduate degree, or
- Advanced diploma of 1-year in fine arts (after three years of undergraduate diploma studies in fine arts) or
- A degree with honours in fine arts (after completing a three-year undergraduate degree in fine arts)
How to Apply For The SARB Art Scholarship?
Successful candidates must submit their application form with the required supporting documents. You can read the SARB art scholarship details here.
Please email your application to SARB-ART@resbank.co.za
In the email subject line, include the words “SARB Art Scholarship Application 2022“
Candidates eligible to apply for the bursary programmes must submit copies of their supporting documents along with their duly filled application form. It is mandatory to submit all the required documents as missing any of the following documents will result in the cancellation of your application. Therefore, applicants need to be extra careful while applying.
- Certified copy of your ID document
- Transcripts and academic records until the year 2022
- 3 to 5 photographic reproductions of your artwork
- The artist statement should include the following information: about yourself (the artist), his or her work, reasons they should be awarded the scholarship, and why they need financial assistance (in maximum of 300 words)
Closing Date Of The SARB Art Scholarship
The last date of application is 25 February 2022. Any applications submitted after the application deadline will not be considered.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
If you have any type of queries regarding the bursary programme, please directly contact at:
Contact person: Mpho Mtimkulu
Tel: 012 313 3526
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on February 20, 2022)