South32 is an Australian mining company headquartered in Perth, Western Australia. It was part of BHP Billiton until it was spun out of the conglomerate on 18 May 2015. Today, it is an independent mining and metals company listed in the Australian Securities Exchange (ASE) with secondary listings in Johannesburg Securities Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
The company produces and sells a wide range of metals, including lead, zinc, silver, nickel, and manganese. In South Africa, it operates the Hotazel Manganese Mines (HMM) consortium. It is made up of two mines, namely, the Mamatwam mine and Wessels mine.
South32 HMM Bursary 2022
South32 is a socially-responsible company with a strong commitment to developing host communities in the areas where it operates. As part of this commitment, it is offering financial assistance to students who are in need of it. The community bursaries are meant for students residing in areas where the mining company operates, which are:
- John Taolo Gaetsewe District Municipal area (including Ga-Segonyana Local Municipality, Joe Morolong Local Municipality, and Gamagara Local Municipality)
- Northern Cape
Students can be at any qualification level and pursue a degree, diploma, or national certificate. South32 aims to encourage more students to take up education and strengthen the labor market through the bursary.
If selected, the bursary will pay for the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Book allowance
The value of the bursary will be decided on a case-by-case basis. As part of the bursary agreement, bursars will have to participate in vacation work at the mines. More details will be provided to shortlisted candidates via email by 30 December 2021. If you do not receive any communication by then, consider your application unsuccessful.
Eligibility Criteria For The South32 HMM Bursary
To be selected for the bursary programme, you must fulfill all the eligibility criteria. Since there are a limited number of bursaries, South32 can’t award them to everyone. These criteria are the first step in the selection process. Any submissions that do not meet all of the criteria are rejected without further consideration. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for South32 HMM Bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside within the areas where South32 operates, which are, the John Taolo Gaetsewe District Municipal area, and the Northern Cape area
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must have either registered for or currently pursuing a diploma, degree, or national certificate in any field
- Must be studying or have registered to study at a tertiary institution that’s recognised and accredited
- Must have a good academic track record
This is a merit-based bursary. So the students with superior academic performance will get preference over others. The decision made by South32 regarding the selection will be considered final.
How to Apply For The South32 HMM Bursary?
Eligible candidates should move forward with the application process and apply for the South32 HMM Bursary 2022. It’s a short online application process that shouldn’t take more than half an hour to complete. However, it’s essential not to rush through it and make mistakes. Incomplete or incorrect submissions are rejected.
To get started, you must submit the online application form for South32 HMM Bursary at CareerWise. South32 utilizes the CareerWise platform to manage the applications. Therefore, you’d have to create an account at CareerWise. If you already have one, login instead. Complete your profile by providing the necessary details. Existing account holders should consider updating the information if necessary.
Next, you’d have to submit the following documents:
- ID documents (certified copies)
- Matric certificate (certified copies)
- Tertiary academic record, including the most recent results, if currently studying (certified copies only)
- Proof of registration at the tertiary institution (must be on institution letterhead)
- Updated CV
- Proof of residence (submit copies of municipal account or an official letter issued by a Council member or Chief)
It’s important to submit all the documents to the CareerWise portal. Review your application one last time and submit it.
Closing Date Of The South32 HMM Bursary
The South32 HMM Bursary is currently open, and the last date to apply for it is 10 December 2021. Submissions made after this date will not be considered.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For further details regarding the bursary, you can contact CareerWise at:
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/