About the Tomorrow Trust
The Tomorrow Trust was set up in 2005 to specifically help the orphaned and vulnerable children. Classified as a South African non-profit organization, it works with both the government and private sector to meet its goals.
The major part of the trust’s fund goes towards supporting the education of vulnerable children in South Africa. This form of help allows these children to realize their full potential and fulfill their academic dream.
The fund is run by its partners and individual donors who can donate directly on their website.
Tomorrow Trust Tertiary Bursary 2022
Tomorrow Trust offers a number of bursaries, Tertiary Bursary being one of them. It runs the Holiday and Saturday School Programme. This program is meant for juniors (Grade 1 to 7) and seniors (Grade 8 to 12).
The Tomorrow Trust Tertiary program is for students who want to pursue degrees. Then there’s the Shift program which caters to students who need workplace skills. Likewise, there are other programs on offer.
The tertiary program accepts applications each year from students who intend to study towards a degree at selected institutes. The bursary is awarded for Diploma, Undergrad, or Honors degree studies. The study of the field doesn’t matter as long as you’re eligible for it.
Benefits of Tomorrow Trust Tertiary Bursary:
- Covers the entire tuition cost along with accommodation, transportation, meals, and study material cost. It may cover part of the tuition fees depending on the student’s needs and financial status.
- Network opportunities
- Vacation work opportunities
- Skill enhancement for work opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities with other students
- Academic support and psycho-social support for best learning outcomes
- Non-barrier opportunities for learning and growing as an individual
- Workshops to develop essential skills
- Lifetime Alumni membership after graduating
All in all, the bursary prepares unprivileged students in South Africa to join the workforce. And at the same time, they groom themselves at a personal and professional level.
Eligibility Criteria for Tomorrow Trust Tertiary bursary 2022
Candidates will need to meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to qualify for bursary support:
- Must be between the age of 18-25 at the time of application.
- Must be South African citizens.
- Must be in pursuant of an undergrad, diploma, or honours degree. Ph.D. or Masters programs are not eligible.
- Applications must be studying or intending to study at one of the following institutes:
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Johannesburg
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- Rhodes University
- University of Pretoria
If you meet all of the criteria mentioned above, proceed towards the application process.
How to Apply?
The application process of the bursary is straightforward. You just need to follow a few simple steps to submit your candidature for the bursary.
Here are the steps involved:
Submit an Online Application Form
The first step is to download and submit an online form. Through this form, the selection committee learns about your interest in the bursary.
There are separate forms for Matric/1st-time students and university students. So you must select the appropriate form as per your level of education.
Click on the above link to start the online applications. The form asks certain personal and academic questions. Answer all questions carefully and correctly.
Submit Relevant Documents
The next step is to submit the necessary documents for the bursary. For matric/first-time students, here are the document requirements:
- Government-issued ID cards
- Final report from Grade 11
- Updated Grade 12 results
- Proof of admission or acceptance to any of the eligible universities (on university letterheads)
For current university students, the documents asked for are:
- ID documents
- Matric certificate
- Academic transcripts up until the current education level
- Updated fee statement
All the documents must be certified. You must submit the documents along with your application.
You can reach Tomorrow Trust with your queries at the following contact details:
Telephone – 011 447 7707
WhatsApp – 066 115 3891
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The trust requests that you do not contact them post the deadline date.
All applications must be in by 31st October 2021.
Late or incomplete applications are unacceptable.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on September 30, 2021)