About UFS Honours Bursaries
For the Academic Year 2021, the University of the Free State (UFS) will award financial support in the form of partial tuition fees to students who will make the Honour Roll of the institution. This UFS Honour Bursary is a once-off opportunity for 1st-time Honours students who will study full-time in 2021.
UFS Honours Bursaries 2021
The bursary will get awarded based on the availability of funds and academic merit. Those who will receive this bursary cannot receive the UFS Staff Study Benefit or Remission on Tuition Fees. The value of the bursary is R36,000. The bursary isn’t for paying off outstanding fees from the previous years of study. Compliance with the minimum eligibility criteria doesn’t guarantee a successful application. Students who have applied for this bursary in January don’t have to reapply.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must be international or South African students
- Must be Honours students who are currently registered full-time
- Must have a minimum of 65% aggregate for their undergraduate studies
- Must have obtained their previous degree in the minimum period prescribed
How to Apply and Application Details
Applicants must complete the survey online application and provide the following documents:
- An official academic record that shows that they obtained their undergraduate qualification
- For applicants who didn’t obtain their undergraduate degrees at the University of the Free State, they should submit an academic record that shows their final marks in percentages (not symbols)
Email these records in PDF format to Mr. Khoza at KhozaPN@ufs.ac.za
In the subject, enter “Application for UFS Honours Funding”
- For applicants who obtained their undergraduate degrees at the University of the Free State, they don’t need to submit their academic records.
31 March 2021
Address: Postgraduate School, Johannes Brill Building, Office Number 10
Tel #: 051 401 2045
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on March 23, 2021)