About AISCT High School
The American International School of Cape Town (AISCT) was established in 1997 as a not-for-profit, private co-educational institution. The institution empowers students with integrity, respect and responsibility and has educated students from more than 50 countries. The institution aims to provide a culturally diverse and academically rich experience to its students, providing the best educational infrastructure and support for future studies.
AISCT offers College Board Advanced Placement (AP) courses and an AP Capstone program and follows the USA curriculum. It follows the northern hemisphere calendar with the school year beginning in August and ending in June of each year.
AISCT High School Scholarship 2023
AISCT High School is providing scholarships to students entering grades 9 or 10 who want to pursue the prestigious Advance Placement course of study.
The Scholarship program provided by AISCT High School was designed to benefit meritorious students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds. The selected students will be allowed to complete the American High School Diploma at AISCT.
The scholarship will cover the expenses of admission fees, AP fees, capital fees, Macbook, SAT fees, tuition fees, and application fees of a maximum of six universities. However, the scholarship will not cover expenses of stationery, meals, accommodation, transportation costs, school uniform and PE uniform.
The scholarship will cover the mentioned expenses during the full duration of the student at AISCT. However, the student needs to maintain impressive academic results throughout. The scholarship can be revoked for poor academic performance and behaviour.
The candidates will be shortlisted based on their merit and financial need. The applicants will be screened by the AISCT committee and will be required to complete an admission assessment on campus. Successful candidates will get the scholarship by the end of 2023. See also the American University scholarship program.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria to apply for the AISCT scholarship 2023:
- Must be a South-African citizen born between 1 August 2005 and 31 July 2008
- The applicant should have completed Grade 8 and must be entering Grade 9/ Grade 10 in 2023
- The applying candidate must be a resident of Cape Town or will be able to reside in Cape Town during the scholarship years
- The applicant must be fluent in both written and spoken English and should have impressive academic results in the English language curriculum.
- The candidate must be able to prove financial need.
- The candidate must belong to a disenfranchised population group, discriminated against during the Apartheid regime
- The candidate must have impressive leadership qualities and must nurture a commitment to service
- The applicant must abide by the rules and regulations stated in AISCT Parent-Student Handbook.
How To Apply?
To apply for the scholarship, click on the link here to download the application form: AISCT High School Scholarship 2023
Complete the application form and submit it through email to Helen Petersen at email@example.com. The email subject line should contain “AISCT Scholarship Application”.
The applicants need to submit the following mandatory documents along with their application:
- Photograph (including head and shoulders)
- Report cards/ transcripts of fours years of academic records
- Student’s referral form from the main school
- An updated copy of the immunization record
- A detailed essay elaborating on personality, personal hobbies, aspirations, or any other unusual encounters they had experienced as an introduction to the committee
- A resumé including extracurricular activities, jobs held and special study projects/ activities done by the candidate in the past two years through their community, school or personal pursuits.
The closing date for AISCT High School Scholarship 2023 is 28 October 2022. Candidates must apply within the given date positively.
If you get any difficulty regarding the scholarship, then contact
Tel no: 021 713 2220
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/