About Astron Energy
Astron Energy operates around 850 Caltex-branded service stations in South Africa, making it one of the two largest petroleum suppliers in the country. A major crude oil refinery is owned and operated by this company in Cape Town. This plant produces diesel, petrol, jet fuel, gasoline, bitumen gas, and LPG at a capacity of 100,000 barrels per day.
Among the top storage and blending facilities in Durban is Astron Energy’s also has a Lubricants Manufacturing Plant. Since 1911, the company has imported crude oil cargo to meet fuel needs in the country. Astron Energy is dedicated to reducing the company’s carbon footprint and maintaining the highest level of safety and environmental standards.
Astron Energy Bursary 2024
Aston Energy is providing an opportunity for you to enter their bursary programme for the upcoming academic year of 2024.
The bursary is applicable for undergraduate as well as postgraduate studies within the following areas:
- Built environment.
The bursary will provide the following benefits:
- Cost of tuition.
- Textbook allowances.
- Accommodation facilities.
- Other necessities as approved.
Note for the recipients:
- You will also have access to regular psychosocial guidance given by the bursary administrator, Excel@Uni.
- You will be provided with light-touch mentorship which will help you in gaining skills that are necessary for growth in all sectors.
- The bursary is renewable but it will depend on your academic record and available funds.
The applicants will get an email regarding the confirmation of their application. You will get adequate advice, if unsuccessful. You will need to attend interviews, if successful.
The applicants must read the criteria thoroughly before applying for the scholarship. You must meet all the eligibility requirements and there should not be any exceptions.
- You must be a resident of South Africa.
- Your age must be below 35 years.
- You must have an enrollment or have already completed high school.
- You must be pursuing a degree or certification in one of the fields mentioned above full-time.
- You must be pursuing your qualification level for the first time while studying (there must not be any repetition of degree)
- You must be enrolled in a TVETS, private community college, or other tertiary institution in South Africa that is accredited by the SAQA and DHET.
- You need to have a good academic history.
How to Apply?
The applicants need to fill out and submit the applications online. Click here to apply for the Astron Energy Bursary Application 2024.
The applicants need to submit all the necessary documents along with their online application form. There should not be any missing or false documents.
- Certified copy of valid ID documents.
- Final report from grade 11. If you are already enrolled in matric, term 2 reports along with a school stamp.
- A certified copy of the certificate of completion for Matric.
- A certified copy of the most latest academic transcript
- Proof of income or parents or guardians/everyone living in the home. Certified copy of SASSA docs or current pay stubs, if employed; an affidavit, if unemployed, any eligible pension or grant documentation, etc. are all required as proof of family income and must be incorporated into a single document (certified copy).
- Proof of other bursary awards or NSFAS if applicable – bursary agreement/ letter/ offer
- Masters/Doctoral students: recommendation letter by supervisor.
- Underage applicants must submit a consent form signed by their parent or legal guardian AND a certified copy of their ID.
- If Disability: Dept of Labour Employment Equity Act (EEA1) Form AND a Doctors’ Letter
Important Note About Documents:
- All certified documents must be less than 3 months old.
- *Where you have multiple documents for 1 submission, please combine/scan them into 1 file that you can upload.
The application deadline is 1 November 2023. Please submit the application before the closing date.
You can contact the bursary provider for any queries regarding the bursary:
Excel@Uni ((the administrators for this bursary)
Click on the blue “support” at the bottom of the Bursary Application page and complete the contact form.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/