About Athlone Institute
The Athlone Institute was founded by the five churches namely Bethel Congregational Church (currently the Bethel United Congregational Church), Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Immanuel URC, St. Stephen’s Anglican Church and Zions Reformed Church (currently the Zions Uniting Reformed Church) to provide Higher Education facilities for the so-called coloured community. The Athlone Institute was initially built as a Teacher’s Training School for the training of teachers from post-STD VI-level.
Athlone Institute Bursary Project Fund 2022
The Athlone Institute Bursary Project Fund (AIBPROF) was formerly named Bursary Project Committee was established in 1998. AIBPROF has assisted in more than 1,500 students by giving bursaries and bursary loans to deserving students from the Paarl and Mbekweni communities.
The AIBPROF is inviting students residing within the Paarl or Mbekweni area, and are members at one of AIT’s member churches.
In 2022, approximately 20 bursary loans will be made available to first-year students with a strong motivation for financial needs.
Students in their second and subsequent university years will be considered for bursaries based on academic merit, need or both. Awards are variable, covering a percentage of the cost of tuition fees, registration and books. The bursary fund’s awards are not repayable. The bursary funds are paid directly to the institution where the grantee is studying and should be used for education purposes only.
Athlone Institute Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Mest be a member of one of the member churches of the Athlone Institute Trust or Paarl/Mbekweni permanent resident
- Must be a parish member in good standing of one of the member churches of the AIT or a member in good standing of any bona-fide denomination/religious institution in Paarl or Mbekweni
- Must be enrolled for full-time undergraduate studies for the 2022 academic year, at a tertiary institution.
- Full-time student at an accredited tertiary institution by Register of Higher Education Institution and the Council of Higher Learning (check DHET website for a list of registered institutions)
- Good academic performance and records
- You must have passed your previous year of study
- Show the proof of registration
- Sow the proof of payment of the registration
- You must be willing to take part in community service within the Paarl/ Mbekweni area
- You must be willing to take part in the mentoring programme
How to Apply and Application Details
- Complete the application form which can be downloaded here: Register for an account and fill in the online application here: https://www.athlonebursary.co.za/application.php
- Provide these documents with your application form and send to the contact details below:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of Matric results (First-Year Students)
- Certified letter of Academic records (Senior Students)
- Certified Proof of Registration
- Copy of payment for Registration Fees.
- Proof of applicant’s Residence
- Certified copies of proof of income of your parent/guardian
- Sworn affidavits if parent(s)/guardian(s) are unemployed
- Official Testimonial by Religious Leader
- Once you have filled in all the information in the boxes below you will be able to submit the application and pieces of information:
Closing Date Of The Athlone Institute Bursary Project Fund
The closing date for the AIBPROF bursary applications is Tuesday 18th February 2022.
View our other general bursaries listing to get more bursary opportunities.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
Post: The Secretary, PO Box 846, Huguenot, 7645
Tel: 021 862 7777
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/