About Barberton Mines
Barberton Mines is a subsidy of Pan African Resources. It is located in the Mpumalanga province in South Africa and part of the Metal Ore Mining Industry. The Barberton mines complex is a low cost and high-quality operation that has been up and running for the past 100 years, and it includes the following mines – Fairview, Consort and Sheba. These mines produce 80,000 ounces of gold and have an exceptional safety record.
Pan African Resources strives to help community members, employees and scholars build their skills for them to be able to get good job opportunities and to be able to be a part of South Africa’s formal economy. The Barberton Mines Bursary 2022 is one such initiative by Pan African to provide better learning facilities to their community.
Barberton Mines Bursary 2022
Barberton Mines (Pty) Ltd is offering the Barberton Mines Bursary 2022 to qualifying students who reside in the Ehlanzeni District Municipality and intend to pursue their undergraduate mining-related studies. Full-time students who are interested in the following fields of study can apply to the bursary programme:
- BSC Mine Surveying
- BSC Mining Engineering
The Barberton Mines Bursary 2022 will be offered to students based on academic merit, medical fitness, and the student being able to fulfil the eligibility criteria. These are the costs covered by the bursary:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation costs
- Costs of the prescribed textbooks
- Laptops for first-year students
- Vacation work or experiential work with a stipend
- A two-year internship programme
Eligibility Criteria For The Barberton Mines Bursary
To apply to the Barberton Mines Bursary 2022, the students applying must be able to satisfy the below requirements:
- The student applying to the bursary must be a South African Citizen.
- The applicant must reside in the Ehlanzeni District Municipality in the Mpumalanga province.
- The applicants must have completed their matric education.
- The applicant must have no criminal record.
- The student must have their acceptance letter or proof of registration at a university.
- The student must be working towards their bachelor’s degree.
- The student must be pursuing full-time education in these fields of study – BSC Mine Surveying or BSC Mining Engineering.
How to Apply For The Barberton Mines Bursary 2022?
Students who are interested and are eligible to do so can apply by filling out the Barberton Mines Bursary Application Form 2022.
Ensure that the application form is handwritten in the applicants’ handwriting and signed before submitting.
Once the application form is filled, you can post the form along with other required documents by registered mail to the below address:
Ms Gail Makhanya
The HRD Manager,
Barberton Mines (Pty) LTD
P.O. Box 121
Or, the application can be hand-delivered to the following address:
Ensure that the applications are marked as “Bursary Application Form 2022“.
Once the application has been sent to the bursary providers, you will be contacted within 7 days if you are shortlisted. If not, you must understand that your application has not been successful. The shortlisted candidates must attend an interview before the bursary providers make their final decisions.
The students who are eligible to apply for the Bursary must submit the following documentation along with their application forms:
- A certified copy of the students’ South African ID document.
- The student’s Matric certificate.
- All academic records of the applicant, including the latest results if they are currently studying at an institution.
- The proof of acceptance or admission into a university in an approved field.
- The applicant’s proof of residence that is not older than 3 months from the application submission date.
Closing Date of the Barberton Mines Bursary 2022
The last date of application is 28 January 2022. Ensure that you submit your application will all the required documents before the deadline. If not submitted before the closing date and time, your application might get rejected.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
If you have any other questions regarding the application process or the eligibility requirements of the Bursary, you can contact the bursary providers at:
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/