About UJ & CARINBE
Governed by The University of Johannesburg and affiliated with the School of Civil Engineering and Built Environment (SCEBE), the Center of Applied Research and Innovation Built Environment (CARINBE) aims to develop the environment industry with proper scientific research.
CARINBE is located on the Doornfontein campus of the University of Johannesburg. The centre aims to provide credible information and establish themselves as innovators in the field. CARINBE intends to set up a sustainable research centre to build long-term and short-term agendas for the environmental sector. The centre is helping In bridging the gap and mending the difficulties faced by the environmental industry in the country.
Barry Bredenkamp Bursary 2024
The Barry Bredenkamp Bursary is put forward with the collaboration of the South African National Energy Development Institute (SANDEI) and UJ.
The bursary will be provided to deserving and motivated M.SC and PhD students from the University of Johannesburg studying in the Faculty of Science and Engineering and Built Environment.
For any of the following research topics, bursaries will be provided:
- Charging of electrical EV Charging infrastructure, location, cost
- Cyber security Considerations for Distributed Energy Resources
- Coordinated Voltage Regulator and Smart Inverter Settings with High Levels of DER
- E-mobility technologies and adaptation, Monitor Green E-mobility strategy
- Restricted Security Area Surveillance based on Power System Digital Twins
(Check the application form of CARINBE below to understand the topics better)
R100,000 for Masters students and R150,000 for PhD students are to be provided by the bursary committee covering academic, research activities, and student welfare. Selected students will be provided internships and vacation work. Workshops and exposure will be provided to the shortlisted candidates to help make an industry difference.
You must fulfil all the eligibility criteria below before applying to qualify for the bursary programme.
- The applicant must be a student of the University of Johannesburg studying in the Faculty of Science and Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment.
- The students must be pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree researching the topic mentioned by the bursary committee.
- Preference will be given to designated and underprivileged students.
How to Apply?
To apply for Barry Bredenkamp Bursary 2023, click on the following link;
Selected candidates will be contacted by the committee for further verification.
You have to submit the following documents while applying for the bursary
- Certified copy of passport/ ID document
- Copies of the highest qualification certificate
- If you have pursued a degree outside South Africa, a SAQA certificate has to be submitted.
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Sample article or paper written on chosen study area; it is preferred to submit an unpublished paper
- 2 references are to be submitted directly to the PG administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for Barry Bredenkamp Bursary 2023 is 31 August 2023 at 23:59. Applications submitted post the given deadline will not be considered by the bursary committee.
To solve any queries related to the bursary, contact
- Tel: 0115596417
- Email: email@example.com
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/