It is important to give the youth a bright and successful future, as they are the leaders of tomorrow. For this, every nation should provide talented and passionate individuals with opportunities to fulfill their academic goals.
In this regard, many bursary programs are being initiated in South Africa to assist deserving students in pursuing their careers. The Brand SA bursary is one such program that aims to help the youth to continue their study by providing them with financial assistance.
About Brand South Africa
The organization Brand South Africa was founded in the year 2002 with a mission to develop the South African Nation’s brand identity. Through its vision and mission, the company aims to build a positive reputation for the country and add to its global competitiveness.
The company works to assist and contribute to NDP’s objective by undertaking the essential initiatives. Through their works and with the help of stakeholders they work towards building a domestic and international brand image for South Africa.
Among their values are integrity, diversity, innovation, cooperation, and Ubuntu. Through its contribution, Brand South Africa wishes to inspire and instill patriotism and pride among the citizens.
One of the ways in which they work towards their goals is by providing bursaries to deserving students. The bursary program helps the students to complete their higher education and make a bright career for themselves.
Brand SA Bursary 2022
If you are currently a matriculate student and completing your matric studies by the end of 2021, then the Brand SA bursary can help you to enroll at a tertiary institution of your choice. Though this bursary is open to all, preference will be given to the dependents of Brand South Africa’s permanent employees.
The bursary is available for pursuing studies in the following fields:
- Information Technology: Computer Science (BSc)
- Finance: Accounting Science (BCom)
- Marketing: Multimedia (BIS)
- Finance: Supply Chain (BCom)
- Research: Social/Political Science (BCom)
- Human Resources: Human Resources (BCom)
- Legal: Law (BCom)
- Stakeholder Relations: Public or International Relations (BCom)
- Marketing: Marketing (BCom)
Students should make a note that one bursary will be awarded for each field of study. However, for the field of BSc Computer Science, 2 bursaries will be awarded.
The bursary undertakes to provide for the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- The bursary covers expenses for one year of study (1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022)
- Students can re-apply each year for receiving the bursary
- The bursary does not cover any expenses in connection with accommodation
- Students who are selected for the bursary will receive communication within one month of the closing date of the bursary
- If the bursary amount is not used for the above-mentioned expenses then it must be returned to Brand South Africa
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
There are certain eligibility criteria set by Brand SA for students who wish to apply for their bursary program. Those students who do not meet the eligibility requirements their applications will not be considered for the bursary.
- One must be a citizen of South Africa
- This bursary is for those students who complete their matric in 2021
- Disabled candidates are also encouraged to apply for the bursary
- African males, Indian males, colored males/females, and white males/females are welcome to apply
- Students must intend to study towards any of the above-mentioned qualifications in the year 2022
- Students must intend to study at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa
How to Apply?
One can apply for this bursary program by submitting copies of the documents as listed by the organization. The application process is simple and straightforward as there are no online forms to be filled.
Students of the final year i.e. Matric/senior year entering University should submit the following documents
- Certified copy of ID proof
- Final report of grade 11
- Matric results to be submitted by shortlisted candidates at the earliest
- Residence proof
- Acceptance/registration proof on the institute’s letterhead
While submitting the application students must remember the following:
- Applications must be submitted to the following email address: Recruitment@brandsouthafrica.com
- The email subject must indicate the field of study. For instance, Legal-BCom Law
The last date of application is 24 November 2021
For any queries and information students can contact on the following:
Lesedi Khalo or Lwandile Gumbi- 011 483 0122
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Brand South Africa. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/