A large percentage of the young population quits studies every year all around the world due to a lack of financial resources. All nations need to address this problem by providing aid to needy students who have a keen interest in academics.
By assisting the youth in completing their education, a nation will be supporting the leaders of tomorrow and securing a bright future for the country. South African organizations provide several bursaries to deserving candidates, one of which is the Cipla bursary program.
Founded in 1935, Cipla India is one of the most renowned global pharmaceutical companies that constantly delivers top-quality products and services to their customers, patients, regulators, investors, partners, and community altogether.
Cipla India established Cipla Medpro South Africa (Pty) Limited which is now South Africa’s 3rd largest pharmaceutical manufacturer that produces the highest-quality medicines for global private and public sectors.
The Cipla Bursary Program (CBP) was first launched in 2017 as a strategic talent initiative for sourcing and selecting young South African students and preparing them for the Cipla Graduate Skills Program.
The CIPLA Medpro South Africa Pty (Ltd) bursary program aims to conjoin people coming from diverse backgrounds and provide them with wide-ranging opportunities through relevant funding. The Cipla SA bursary is targeted toward students enrolled to study at accredited public tertiary learning institutions. It is for academically talented students registering for their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, year of study in 2024 year.
CIPLA funds tuition fees, meals, books, accommodation expenses, and a laptop (R8 000 maximum). CIPLA will only fund 1 laptop during the bursary period. CIPLA will transfer the amount to the student account and the institute will purchase a laptop for the student. The laptop’s maintenance, replacement, insurance, repairs, and software updates are the sole responsibility of the student.
Cipla awards 20 to 30 bursaries on average every year to students studying in the following fields, opting to learn scarce skills required to grow Cipla’s current and future development plans.
- Engineering- (Mechatronics, Mechanical and Industrial)
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Economic Management Sciences- (Economics, Taxation and Accounting)
- Graphic Design
- Natural Sciences
- Human Sciences, Human Resources Management, Industrial Psychology
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Manufacturing- production, logistics, demand planning, warehousing
- Social Sciences- Digital Marketing, Communications, Journalism and Media Studies
- Environmental Sciences, Microbiology, Analytical Chemistry, and Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
Successful students may have to work (vacation work) during a specific period. The main goal of this vacation work is to offer hands-on experience to these students, so they can witness a unique world of work and transform their knowledge into skills. Cipla shall communicate and negotiate this with students in advance. After completing the studies, Cipla-funded students MUST apply to the Cipla Graduate Programme.
Cipla is looking for excellence-seeking, highly motivated candidates who are willing to commit to learning faster, innovate, collaborate, and face challenges for Cipla’s brighter future. Students who are insatiably curious, not afraid to make changes, socially intelligent, resilient, digital-native, culturally aware, agile, and game-changers are most welcome at Cipla.
Candidates who consistently have scored 70% average in every year of their degree and are willing to participate in Cipla’s vacation work programs and wish to apply to the Cipla Graduate Skills Program may apply for the bursary.
Lastly, the awardees will have access to ICAS – the employee wellness program where they will get numerous free wellness-related services and counseling. Students will get access to Cipla Subject Matter Experts (SME) and psychometric assessment feedback as well.
Only students fulfilling the following criteria may apply for the Cipla Bursary Program:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Age must be from 18 to 28 years
- Must enroll to study in one of the qualifications listed above
- Must know to communicate in English (read, write, and speak).
- Must achieve at least an overall average of 70% in the most recent year of study
- Cipla will only consider applications submitted through the Cipla careers online application system.
- Incomplete or missing information will result in your application being rejected
- Funding requests for accommodation, books, tuition fees, a laptop, and meals, must provide recent supporting statements, invoices, or quotations as proof of required funding. Students that provide none of these won’t be awarded bursary.
- If you receive the bursary award, Cipla will credit the amount to your institute student account, and NOT in your personal bank account.
- Cipla Bursary 2024 is a “once off” per year. No additional funding requests will be entertained.
- Funding will be finalized by 30 March 2024.
- Cipla reviews funding annually and only continues further if the student consistently scores 70% on average. Hence, awardees have to reapply every year.
How to Apply?
Before applying through the “SuccessFactors” recruitment portal, students must complete this MsForms questionnaire.
To apply for the Cipla Bursary 2024, students must visit the following link, and click on the “Apply” button. Students will be asked to “Register a User account” before they can Log in and Apply.
Note: NOT submitting the MsForms questionnaire will result in your application being disqualified.
With your application, please provide certified copies of the following documents:
- Copy of South African ID document
- Matric certificate
- Proof of Registration
- Most recent academic results
- 1-page Curriculum Vitae (pdf) that includes your residential address, mobile number, and email address. (No need to be certified).
- For private accommodation, Landlord affidavit or Copy of Lease.
Students must save each document as, say, for example, Noma_Sallie_CBP2023.
The application deadline is 14 November 2024.
All queries related to the Cipla Bursary Program 2024, must be directed towards,
Tel: +27 21 943 4200 (South Africa)
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm GMT+2
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/