It is important to provide resources and the required assistance to the youth of the nation to help them advance in careers of their choice. By providing bursaries, many organizations in South Africa are doing their part in filling up the shortage of skills in several sectors.
Clicks bursary is one such program that aims to aid the students in fulfilling their academic dreams. If you have a passion to be a part of the retail or pharmaceutical industry, then this bursary can pave the way for you.
About Clicks Foundation
Clicks holding Ltd. came into existence in the year 1986 and is a retail-led healthcare group. It was founded by Jack Goldin. Clicks Foundation is a part of Clicks Ltd. The company owns several brands in the retail, healthcare, lifestyle, and music sectors.
The Clicks Group is a leader in the healthcare market with over 620 in-store pharmacies. In Southern Africa, the company has approximately 759 outlets selling different products.
Clicks Foundation is a part of the CSR of Clicks Pvt. Ltd. Through this foundation, the company aims to help society and build a comfortable community for the people. Clicks bursary is a part of the CSR program of Clicks, through which the company helps talented students.
Clicks Foundation Bursary: Wholesale & Retail Trade 2022
Clicks foundation bursary is awarded to the students based on their merit and academic performance. This foundation awards bursaries to a certain number of students every year and helps them to achieve their academic goals.
By means of this bursary, the shortage of skills in Africa can be filled as students who lack the means to pursue their studies receive the required help.
Bursaries will be awarded for the academic year 2022 to those students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree in the specified fields mentioned below:
- Computer Science
- Property Studies
- Data Science
- Commerce in Information Systems
- Commerce in Marketing Management
- Commerce in Statistics and Data Science
- Commerce in Supply Chain Management
- Commerce in Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- Commerce in Information Systems & Technology
- Commerce in Transport & Logistics Management
- Commerce in Economic Sciences
- Commerce in Business Operations
The value of the bursary is decided to depend upon the case of each student and their circumstances.
Clicks Foundation also offers the clicks bursary for health retail and pharmaceutical industry fields. Check out the bursary listing also if you’re interested!
The following expenses are covered under this bursary program:
- Tuition fees
- Registration fees
- Textbook cost
- Additional aid will be provided as and when needed by the students to complete their studies
Students should note that the outstanding expenses of the previous year will not be borne by this bursary.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Certain guidelines have been set by the foundation which requires applicants to fulfill some eligibility criteria. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will lead to the rejection of the student’s application.
- Students must be South African citizens
- One should have passed the Matric examination
- Students should be between the ages 19 and 35 years at the time of the selection process
- Applicant must be studying for an undergraduate pharmacy degree
- One should be enrolled at a recognized University in South Africa
- Students must be registered to study their 2nd 3rd or 4th year of study
- One should achieve an average score of 70% at least
- Applicants for this bursary must not be receiving any other bursary or funds.
However, students should note that the final decision of selection rests with the foundation. Fulfilling the eligibility criteria does not guarantee the receipt of the bursary. Students of certain designated groups and those with disabilities will be preferred.
How to Apply?
- One can begin by filling an online application form. The form must be filled in carefully with all the correct details.
- It is important to fill the form accurately, as incorrect and incomplete forms will be rejected.
- Once the application is filled, one should attach/upload the mentioned documents necessary to complete the bursary application.
Following are the documents needed:
- ID proof
- Matric certificate
- University results and records including the latest result on the institute’s letterhead
- Registration proof at University (2022)
- Disability proof (if applicable)
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend screening tests and interviews. Only after successful completion of the interview students will be finalized for receiving the bursary.
The last date of application is 25 November 2021
For any queries, students can contact on the following:
Phone: 010 140 3099
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Clicks Foundation. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/