About the Department of Transport
Led by political head Fikile Mbalula and deputy Sindisiwe Chikunga, the Department of Transport ensures people and goods receive safe and timely distribution throughout South Africa.
The Department of Transport Transport is the forerunner for the economic development and social growth of South Africa. The department is responsible for railways, national roads, international and national airports, and marine transport. The Department of Transport provides affordable transportation facilities for all while maintaining equity and fairness and also including innovations in the transport sector.
The Transport department wants to create efficient and integrated transport by establishing a strong framework of policies and regulations. The department constantly strives to provide models to boost social, international and economic growth by improving government strategies.
Department of Transport Bursary 2023
Department of Transport is inviting students to apply for the upcoming academic year in fields of undergraduate studies (Civil Engineering, Diploma and Advanced Diploma; B. Com in Transportation Economics and Logistics) and postgraduate studies (Honors in Transportation Economics and Logistics).
The bursary aims to fulfill the tertiary and academic goals of students striving for a field in the Transport Sector. Studies will be funded at UNISA, and the bursary will cover prescribed textbooks and tuition fees. It is important to understand the bursary will not cover repeated or failed modules. The shortlisted candidates will have to reapply for the funding each year, but once the candidate fails in their studies, the bursary will get canceled.
Applicants have to create a myLife email account, and upon the committee’s final decision, the selected candidates will be informed.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Prior to applying for the bursary, applicants have to suffice the following eligibility criteria.
- The applicant should be a South African citizen and should not be more than 35 years of age.
- The candidate must have finished the Matric examination
- The applying candidate must be studying at UNISA, registered for in fields of undergraduate studies ( Civil Engineering, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma; B. Com in Transportation Economics and Logistics) or postgraduate studies ( Honors in Transportation Economics and Logistics)
- The applicant must obtain a minimum average of 50% in previous examination ( the same criteria applies for returning bursary applicants as well)
- The candidate should be unemployed
How To Apply For The Bursary?
To apply for a Department of Transport Bursary, download and fill up the application form.
The application must be sent to email@example.com via myLife email account with the Department of Transport Bursary 2023 as the email subject line.
To ensure you are successfully selected for bursary, you must submit the following mandatory documents along with your application.
- Certified copies of ID documents
- Matric certificates
- Latest academic results or transcripts on official letterheads with the university logo
- Income proof of guardian or parents
Closing Date Of The Bursary
The closing date for the Department of Transport Bursary 2023 is 3 February 2023. The bursary committee will not select applications submitted after the given deadline.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
To solve any queries related to the bursary programme, applicants can contact:
Contact Person: Ms. Makgae
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/