About Dream Hotels & Resorts
Dream Hotels & Resorts is a group of hospitality properties spread across South Africa. These offer accommodation and organise and host events for people. Currently, there are 21 properties under its portfolio. These are located in pristine holiday destinations like Gauteng, Mozambique, Western Cape, Mpumalanga, and the Drakensberg.
The Dream Hotels & Resorts was founded in 1988 by Weston Dickson and Diane Gordon. Since then, the properties have been run as a family business that shares the same culture. The group uses 28 years of operational experience in the hospitality sector to create a memorable experience for everyone.
Dream Resorts Bursary
Dream Hotels & Resorts offer financial assistance to a certain number of students via their ‘Tourism & You’ programme. The programme is designed to encourage unprivileged and disabled students to build their careers in the hospitality sector. It also offers learnership opportunities to the staff members and their children. Besides that, guests and members can also benefit from the bursary programmes.
Here are the open bursaries:
- Bursary for leadership development course at the Stellenbosch Graduate Institute Programme (part-time 12 months)
- Bursary for an online course in hospitality management at any international hotel school (part-time for 12 months)
- Bursary for disabled students towards an online hospitality learnernship programme (part-time 12 months)
- Bursaries for a 3-year degree or equivalent study programme in the field of hospitality management (full-time and only for first-year students)
The value of the bursary will be decided on a case-by-case basis. It will depend on the course fees and other expenses. For students applying for funding for a 3-year degree programme can renew the bursary for the following years. Renewal will depend on satisfactory academic performance in the current academic session.
** RELATED BURSARIES **
- View our other currently open Music & Arts Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open General Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open Education and Teaching Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open Bursaries and Scholarships OPEN for application here.
Eligibility Criteria For The Dream Resorts Bursary
To be selected for the bursary programmes, applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria. These are formulated by the Dream Hotels & Resorts Group to select candidates from a large pool of applicants. You must fulfill all of the requirements to secure the bursary funding. Furthermore, the criteria differ for each bursary programme. Below are the general requirements for the bursary that apply to all the applicants:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have passed Grade 12 or an equivalent qualification
- Must hold strong English and Computer literacy
- Must have been accepted to study at a university
- Learnership programmes are open only to applicants aged 18 to 27 at the time of applying
Applicants who identify as the children of the staff members, the said staff member should have been employed at DHR for at least 12 months. Disabled students must have a diagnosed disability that’s recognised by a medical healthcare professional.
How to Apply For The Dream Resorts Bursary?
To apply for the bursary programmes, you need to go through the application process. It’s a short process that shouldn’t take more than an hour to complete. However, it requires diligence and attention to detail. Incomplete or incorrect submissions are rejected without further consideration.
Here are the steps you need to take to apply for the Dream Resorts Bursary:
- Complete the Application Form
The first step is to complete the Dream Resorts Bursary Application Form. It applies to applicants of all the bursary programmes. The form has six parts: course information, personal details of the applicant, parent/guardian details, educational particulars, academic results, and declaration. You need to complete all of them.
- Apply at Ditto.jobs
Next, you need to create an account at Ditto.jobs by clicking on the appropriate link. Visit the official Dream Resorts page and browse to the bottom. Find the bursary programme you want to apply for and click on ‘View.’ It will take you to the application page at Ditto.jobs. Complete your account by following the instructions.
The last thing is to submit the documents required for the bursaries, which are:
- ID documents
- Copy of Grade 12 results, if passed
- If currently in Grade 12, submit results of Grade 11
- Household income proof (salary slips if employed; affidavit if unemployed; receipts of grants if applicable)
Upload the application form and the documents and apply for the bursary.
Closing Date Of The Dream Resorts Bursary
Currently closed for application. Please check back later for the updated opening and closing date of this bursary.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details, contact the bursary provider at:
- Telephone – 011 267 8300
- Email – email@example.com
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/