DSV A/S is a Denmark-based logistics company that offers transport services globally. Its transportation services include movement by sea, air, and land (both via roads and rail tracks). The company currently operates in 90 countries, has offices in over 60 countries, and employs around 75,000 people. It makes DSV one of the world’s largest freight forwarding and logistics companies. In fact, after the acquisition of UTi Worldwide, they rank among the top five freight forward companies in the world. Because of its size and scale, the company is also involved in several CSR activities that benefit the community.
DSV Empowerment Trust Bursary 2023
DSV Empowerment Trust is a trust founded by Tshikululu, which owns 25% of DSV South Africa. Tshikululu is a fund management company. Some of the share of profits that it gets is passed onto the community. The trust offers funding to students of the black community who are in need of financial assistance for tertiary education. For this bursary programme, black includes African, Indian, and Chinese coloured people.
The bursaries will be offered to permanent employees of DSV or their dependents and nominees. The participating DSV companies for this bursary programme are:
- DSV South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- DSV Solutions (Pty) Ltd
- DSV Mounties (Pty) Ltd
- DSV Road (Pty) Ltd
- DSV Shared Services (Pty) Ltd
- The Sisonke Partnership (trading as DSV Healthcare)
The value of the bursary is decided on a case-by-case basis. It depends on whether the candidate is pursuing a diploma or degree qualification. The minimum study period should be at least three years.
Initially, the bursary is awarded for a single year. To avail funding for the succeeding year, students must pass at least 80% of the courses.
The bursary administrators will appoint a mentor for each bursar to guide them in their careers.
To select the candidates for the bursary programme, there are some eligibility criteria laid out by the company. If you’re applying for funding, make sure that you fulfill all the criteria. Failing to do so will result in the cancellation of your application. Therefore, always check with the following requirements before applying:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be a Black (African, Chinese, and Indian coloured people included)
- Must be either a current permanent employee of the participating DSV companies mentioned above or be a dependent (legal or financial) of an existing permanent employee
- Must be either studying or have been provisionally accepted to study full time in 2021
- Must be either studying or provisionally accepted to study at an approved tertiary institution (university, college, or FET college) in South Africa that’s recognised
- Must be below 25 years of age, if pursuing an undergraduate qualification
- Must be highly motivated and determined to succeed in their life
- Must have a strong interest in the field of study they’re in
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, doesn’t ensure funding. Since there are limited bursaries on offer, with the number of applicants outnumbering them, not everyone gets the bursary funding. Preference will be given to those with a stronger academic track record and whose qualifications fall in the scarce skills spectrum.
How to Apply?
If you meet all the eligibility requirements, move forward with the application process and apply for the DSV Empowerment Trust Bursary 2023.
Download and complete the DSV Empowerment Trust Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Then, you’d have to prepare the following documents:
- ID documents
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Full academic record, including the latest results, fi currently studying
- Proof of admission or provisional acceptance into the institution
- A motivation letter supporting your case for the bursary
- Proof of employment at DSV (payslips, work contract)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways
Send the application and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
25 Owl Street
The last date to apply for the DSV Empowerment Trust bursary is 11 November 2022.
For more details on the bursary, get in touch with CareerWise at:
- Telephone – 0861 007 787
- Email – email@example.com
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact DSV Empowerment Trust/CareerWise. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/