About Education Empowerment and Development Fund (EEDF)
The Education Empowerment and Development Fund (EEDF) is a prominent non-profit organization dedicated to empowering young students through quality education. EEDF supports these students by offering a wide range of assistance, including academic support, financial aid, and mentorship, ultimately leading to personal growth and success.
EEDF is driven by a strong commitment to removing barriers and creating new opportunities for students. This commitment is further demonstrated through EEDF’s efforts to address the challenges in higher education, enabling students to reach their goals and make meaningful contributions to their communities.
Education Empowerment and Development Fund (EEDF) Bursary 2024
The Education Empowerment and Development Fund has invited students to apply for its bursary programme for the academic year 2024.
Bursaries will be granted for various fields of study, including, but not restricted to, the following:
- Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Accounting (CA stream)
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Business Management
- Construction Management
- Computer Science
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Data Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Economics and Econometrics
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- Industrial Engineering
- Information technology
- Marketing Management
- Logistics Management
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Property Studies
- Software Engineering
- Real Estate
The bursary coverage will depend on the student’s family income. Students falling within the “missing middle” bracket (i.e., those whose income falls between R350,000 and R600,000) will receive more substantial assistance, while NSFAS-eligible students (i.e., those with income below R350,000) will receive partial support.
Students categorized as part of the “missing middle” will be granted complete coverage for the subsequent expenditures: accommodation, tuition expenses, registration fees, study materials, and an allowance for laptops, particularly for first-year students. Additionally, bursary recipients will have access to mentorship, meal support, tutoring, and mental health assistance.
Qualified students receiving NSFAS funding will be entitled to full coverage for a range of expenses. This encompasses registration fees and an array of non-financial support services, such as mentorship, mental health assistance, and academic guidance.
This extensive bursary program has been established to support young, ambitious students in pursuing their academic and career aspirations. As a part of EEDF’s commitment to fostering future leaders, the selected candidate will be expected to participate in various volunteer activities, including mentorship.
Consequently, after completing their studies, the EEDF bursary recipient will be obliged to give back to the community by offering mentorship services.
Before applying, applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria. Not meeting these prerequisites will result in your application not being taken into consideration.
- Applicants must have South African citizenship or permanent resident status.
- The age of the applicants must be within the range of 18 to 25 years.
- Eligible candidates should be either entering their first year or currently in their final year of studies in 2024.
- Household income should not exceed an annual total of R600,000.
- Applicants must have been accepted, enrolled, or provisionally accepted at one of the following higher education institutions:
- The University of Johannesburg,
- North West University,
- The University of the Witwatersrand, or
- The University of Pretoria.
How to Apply?
You must apply online at: EEDF Bursary Application 2024
Applicants must include copies of the following supporting documents with your completed application. Failure to provide any of these items may result in the disqualification of your application.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of Matric certificate
- Full academic record (if currently studying)
- Proof of registration or acceptance into the aforementioned tertiary institutions
- Household income proof (recent payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, or proof of pension or SASSA grant if applicable)
- Proof of disability (if applicable)
- Residential proof (rental agreement or utility bill)
- Motivational letter explaining why you are eligible for this award and why should you receive this.
- Recommendation letters from mentors, teachers, or individuals who can vouch for your academic achievements, character, and potential (preferred)
Note: Make sure to submit all the supporting documents in PDF format.
The application deadline is 1 November 2023.
For any inquiries concerning the bursary program, kindly reach out to the Education Empowerment and Development Fund (EEDF) directly:
Tel: 060 316 5417 / 078 038 0865
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/