ExpressVPN is a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service that advertises itself as a privacy and security tool by encrypting users’ web traffic and masking their IP addresses.
The company was founded in 2009 and today provides millions of people in over 180 countries with private and secure access to the free and open internet.
The ExpressVPN Scholarship Competition 2022
Candidate applications are being accepted for the ExpressVPN Future of Privacy Scholarship award. The yearly essay contest is organised by VPN service provider ExpressVPN and is accessible to participants of any age and nationality.
In order to enter, candidates must reflect on the metaverse and examine pressing concerns of the digital age.
The scholarship provides the following benefits:
- A 5,000 USD cash award
- 1-year membership to ExpressVPN.
- a one-year subscription to ExpressVPN will be given to each of the five runners-up.
In the expanding discussion about encryption, digital rights, internet privacy, and the struggle against censorship, the competition offers an additional chance to take the lead.
Note about the selection process:
- The completeness and clarity of theses and arguments will be used to grade essays.
- The winner will be announced on or before October 31, 2022.
- The prize money will be distributed via international wire transfer in US dollars (the winner must provide their bank information in order to make the bank transfer).
- The winner’s name will appear on various communication platforms (see this as an opportunity to get your name out there).
- The winner must submit a copy of their identity document as well as proof of enrollment in high school or a tertiary institution.
- ExpressVPN will own the essays that are submitted. The winner must agree to have their name and essay published or printed by ExpressVPN.
- Taxes on the prize money will be borne by the winners.
- ExpressVPN’s decision is final, and no disagreements will be entertained.
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship. There should not be any exception or the application will not be considered.
- Candidates from any country can apply.
- There is no age limit for the application.
- The candidate must either be studying in high school or pursuing tertiary-level studies.
- The candidate must not be employed at ExpressVPN or be directly related to anyone employed at ExpressVPN.
How to Apply?
The applications have to be submitted online. Candidates can send their completed applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line must contain the words “ExpressVPN Scholarship Application 2022”.
Click here to apply.
The application must contain the mentioned information without any exceptions.
- Full name of the candidate.
- Contact details of the school where the candidate is studying.
- Current grade level.
- The essay (in .doc, .pdf or .docx form.)
Candidates must read the following rules regarding the submission of the essay before submitting it:
- The essay must be in English.
- The essay must contain 600-800 words and not more than that.
- Only one essay is to be submitted per application.
- Essays must clearly state their opinion on the question being answered.
Winner is required to submit the following:
- Valid ID document.
- Proof of enrollment in any tertiary level institution or high schools.
The essay must be submitted before 15 September 2022 at 11:59 Pacific Time [U.S.].
Interested candidates must submit the application before the season to avoid rejection of the application.
Candidates can contact the bursary provider directly for any queries regarding the scholarship.
Click on the contact us at the bottom of the page.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/