Feenix is a non-profit organization that connects students with debt to funders so they can graduate debt-free. Youth hold enormous potential, according to Feenix’s community and team. According to them, a wealth barrier shouldn’t prevent people from accessing education. By relieving students’ burdens, the Feenix team strives to help them succeed.
Public university students can receive support from Feenix in three ways:
- Crowdfunding: For raising money for unpaid tuition fees of the university. On the crowdfunding website, students can post their personal stories.
- Bursary programmes: These programs help students with student loan debt pay off their university loans.
- Full student support: To help students succeed academically and professionally, students receive all-around development assistance.
Feenix Debt Bursary programme 2022
Feenix is providing an opportunity for students to apply for their Debt Bursary programme.
It is for engineering, finance, information technology, and data science undergraduate students who have unpaid student loans and are in their final year of study.
The bursary will provide the following benefits:
- Full coverage for the debt.
- Tuition fee.
- Accommodation expenses.
Plus, candidates will get access to “Blackbullion South Africa,” an educational platform for financial literacy that has received various international awards internationally. This platform offers engaging and timely content to aid South Africans in making suitable financial decisions throughout the course of University.
Applicants must meet all the eligibility criteria before applying for the Feenix debt bursary. You must satisfy all the below conditions to stand a chance to qualify.
- Applicant must be a South African resident.
- Your age must be 35 years or less.
- You must be enrolled in undergraduate coursework in one of the following fields:
- Data science
- Financial services
- Commerce (the bursary will NOT cover postgraduate degrees)
- By December 2022, you must be in your final year of school and close to earning your undergraduate degree.
- You must be enrolled and pursuing your education at one of South Africa’s 26 public universities.
- You must have student debt, either currently or in the past.
- Your annual household income must be less than R600,000 (or less than R850 000 for people with disability)
- Please read the Feenix Bursary Conditions and accept them.
How to Apply?
Applicants need to submit their applications online. Click here to apply: Feenix Debt Bursary Programme 2022
Note: Feenix will contact the successful applicants via telephone or email if your application is successful.
Attach all the mandatory documents along with your application form. There should not be any missing or false documents or the application will not be accepted.
- Certified copies of valid ID documents or front and back pictures of your ID card. (on the letterhead of the institution and not more than 6 months old)
- Proof of enrollment in a public university for the academic year 2022.
- Your academic records and transcripts (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Official fee statement that includes all outstanding debt (not more than 30 days old, stamped/on the letterhead of the institution) (Fee quotes and proof of enrolment are not acceptable)
- ID number of the parents, guardians, or spouse to confirm the entire household income
- A motivational letter containing the following topics:
- What would you say your brand stands for?
- What makes investing in your future worthwhile? (not more than 1,200 words)
- A letter from your doctor describing the nature of disability, if you have any.
The application deadline is 14 October 2022. No late applications will be accepted.
You can contact Feenix directly for any queries regarding the Feenix debt bursary programme:
Telephone: 063 968 7544
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/