Feenix is an organisation for the public benefit that helps students with outstanding fees to get a debt-free graduate degree by connecting them with funder communities. In Feenix, its community and the team believe that youth possess enormous potential. They believe that there should not be a wealth barrier to accessing education. The Feenix team strives to make it easy for students to succeed by relieving their burdens.
There are three ways in which Feenix assists students at public universities:
- Crowdfunding: A method of raising money for university fees through which students share their stories on an online crowdfunding platform.
- Feenix Bursary programmes: organization provide financial assistance to university students who have outstanding student debts.
- All-round student support: ensuring students thrive at university and in the workplace through holistic development support.
Feenix Graduate Bursary Programme 2023
The Feenix Graduate Bursary program is seeking applicants with historical debt and undergraduate degrees in Data Science, Engineering, Commerce/Finance, and, Information Technology faculties either in the year 2021 or 2020.
- You can receive full or part funding for your further studies, which includes any historical debt (this covers all the expenses on your fees statement, including accommodation expenses and tuition fees)
- Bursary holders will have access to Blackbullion South Africa, an award-winning and world-class financial literacy platform. Using this platform, young South Africans will be able to make more informed financial decisions at all stages of their lives.
For applying for the Feenix graduate bursary programme 2023, you must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria.
- You must be a citizen of South Africa
- Your age must be 35 years or less
- You must have completed your degree either in 2021 or 2020
- There must be an outstanding student debt on you
- Applicant must have an undergraduate degree from a South African public university (should not hold a postgraduate degree or diploma)
- Students must be studying in any of the below fields of study:
- Data Science
- Information Technology (IT)
- A student who is not registered anywhere to study further in the year 2022
- Students who want a degree to get employment
- The family household income of the student must be under R600 000 per year (or R850 000 per year for students with disabilities).
- Students with disabilities should include a medical letter explaining the nature of the disability
- To meet funder reporting requirements, students agree to submit progress reports over the next 12 months (For example, did they find employment? Are they further studying? etc.)
How to Apply?
You must complete your online application before the deadline. To apply, you can click here: Feenix Graduate Bursary Application 2023
Feenix will contact successful applicants through telephone and email (use the contact details below to stay in touch).
You can check the complete terms and conditions here.
Please make sure you have access to all of the following documents on the device (smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.) that you will use to apply. Since you must fill out the application in one session.
- An official statement of fees (showing all accumulated debt) must be on the letterhead of the university and stamped within 30 days (Registration proofs and fee quotations are not acceptable as fee statements)
- Please provide a certified copy of your ID that is clear and less than 6 months old. Note that the copy of ID card must include both sides of the card.
- Completion letter (2020 or 2021)
- Copy of your academic transcripts (if you have any)
- Write a motivational letter that answers the question “How do you define your brand?
- A motivation letter answering the questions “What is your personal brand?” and “Why should anyone invest in your future?” (no more than 1200 words)
The last date of submission of the application is 30 September 2022. Applicants must submit their online applications before the deadline to be considered for the bursary programme.
If you have any questions about our eligibility criteria or the bursary programme, please directly contact:
Email address: email@example.com
Phone: +27 63 968 7544
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/