Educated youth is the foundation of a successful nation. Encouraging young talent and giving them the wings to fly is the best gift. The FEM bursary program strives to support deserving candidates in South Africa to help them build a bright future and contribute to the nation’s success.
About FEM Education Foundation
FEM education foundation is a non-profit institution that came into existence in 2016. It was founded as a corporate and social investment initiative to make a difference in the field of education in South Africa.
To achieve their goals, the FEM foundation has joined hands with NGOs that work towards the betterment of the field of education. It has four partners in this field; Make a difference leadership foundation (MAD), Partners for possibilities (PfP), Columba, and Funda Wande and Bala Wande
Each of these partners plays specific roles to improvise various areas in the field of education and to make the efforts of FEM fruitful. The FEM Education Foundation thus makes meaningful efforts to contribute towards the upliftment of education for the citizens of South Africa.
Overview of FEM Bursary Program
Through their bursary program, FEM lends a helping hand to deserving students. This bursary aims to provide financial aid to underprivileged students and nurture the future of South Africa.
Through their bursary offering, FEM aims to help the committed individuals to achieve their qualifications that will contribute towards the field of Faculty of Engineering and the Built environment and the Faculty of Health Sciences.
The FEM bursary program is specifically aimed to assist those students who are academic performers but lack the means to fund their education.
Bursary Eligibility Requirements
To receive the benefits of this bursary program students are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- The bursary is provided only to South African students
- Those applying for this bursary must have a good financial standing with their university. There should not be any outstanding fees for the previous academic year.
- Disadvantaged and financially weak students will be given the top priority.
- Applicants must showcase a good academic record.
- The household income of a student should not exceed R360, 000, 00.
- A student must have been accepted to study at a South African public university or any other approved institution.
- Students applying for the bursary must have completed first year study.
The Coverage value of the Bursary
The FEM bursary program covers the following expenditure of the students
- Full-time tuition and registration fee
- All the prescribed textbooks and stationery
- Monthly stipend
- Meals and accommodation are provided to the students after approval from FEM
- Students may also receive a laptop (at the discretion of FEM)
How to apply?
Students can apply for the bursary program online, click here to start the application process: FEM Bursary Application 2022
Apart from filling in the required details, students must also submit the following documents. In case any documents are missing, the bursary can reject their application.
- South African ID document
- FEM bursary application form
- Proof of income of parents or guardians (payslips)
- Social grant documentation (if applicable)
- Latest academic record
- Death certificate of parents if the parents are dead
- Divorce certificate of parents if the parents are divorced
- An affidavit stating that the parents/guardians are unemployed or do not provide financial assistance to the applicant.
- In the absence of a valid ID document or if you are younger than 16 years of age you may submit an unabridged birth certificate.
- Students are also required to submit ID proof of their parents/guardian
- The payslip of the earning member of the family must not be older than 3 months
- An official pension slip or bank statement must be submitted in case the parent/guardian has retired
- If the parent/guardian is an informal trader then the applicant must submit an affidavit signed by them
- If there is no official income proof one can submit the source of income/allowance per individual with an affidavit
- All the submitted documents must be certified at the South African Police Service or South African Post Office.
- If there is a dependent student, the applicant is required to submit proof of registration from the tertiary institution.
The closing date of application is 03 September 2021
Please do NOT contact FEM if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/