Are you ambitious about working in the mining sector? Do you wish to contribute to your country’s success through your profession but need a helping hand? If yes, then the Finsch Diamond Mine bursary can assist you.
The Finsch Diamond Mine bursary is a wonderful initiative that aims to help talented individuals to pursue their academic goals.
About Finsch Diamond Mine (Petra Diamonds)
Founded by Adonis Pouroulis, Petra Diamonds Ltd. came into existence in the year 1997. This mining group is spread over 8 producing mines across South Africa and Tanzania. It also has an additional exploration program in Botswana.
Petra Diamonds has 4 operational underground diamond-producing mines which include Finsch, Kimberley, Cullinan, and Koffiefontein. The Finsch mine is located in the Northern Cape province of South Africa within the town of Lime Acres.
Finsch Diamond is a renowned and largest supplier of rough diamonds and is one of the largest and independent diamond groups because of its resource.
Mining operations at the Finsch mine began in 1967 after the discovery of Kimberlite at the site in 1960.
Finsch Diamond Mine Bursary 2022
To provide wings to ambitious students, the Finsch Diamond Mine bursary was started. Through this bursary program, students receive the required financial aid to help them complete their qualifications in the mining field.
For the academic year 2022, this bursary is provided to those students who want to study in the following fields:
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Information Systems (BSc)
- Technology & Engineering (BSc)
This bursary will cover the following expenses of the students:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation cost
- Meal expenditure
- Selected candidates will also be required to participate in practical vacation work compulsorily during December and January.
- As a part of the contract, bursary recipients will also have to work for Petra Diamonds for a duration equivalent to the time of bursary funding.
- Students will receive communication from the organization within 30 days after the closing date. If students do not receive any message then they may regard the application as rejected
- The selection process for the bursary requires applicants to undergo pre-screening, mine assessments, profile testing, medical and security clearance.
- The final selection of the shortlisted candidates will be made only after conducting a panel interview
- Though senior students will be given preference, 1st-year student applicants will also be considered.
- Petra Diamond does not levy any charges for the recruitment or application process. If anyone approaches you for payment regarding the application then you can report them to the following:
Telephone: 0800 007 247
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
To receive the Finsch Diamond Mine bursary, students are required to fulfill certain eligibility criteria. However, if one fails to meet the criteria, then their application will be rejected.
- One must be a citizen of South Africa
- Applicant must be residing in the local labor-sending area of Finsch Diamond Mine
- Students must register themselves and must be accepted to study at a recognized University in South Africa
- One must have a minimum APS of 35
- Students must achieve a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Physical Sciences in the mid-year exam (this does not include Mathematics literacy)
- University students should put up good academic performance
- Applicants must be interested to study towards one of the qualifications mentioned above
- Preference is given to students from the municipalities of Kuruman, Danielskuil, and Kimberley
- Female students will be preferred from the designated groups as per the company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan and internal candidates.
How to Apply?
Applying for the Finsch Diamond Mine bursary does not require any online application form to be submitted. Students can apply by submitting copies of the following documents. Failure to attach all the documents will disqualify the application.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of residence
- Certified copy of qualification certificate
- Acceptance proof from University for studying in 2022
- Complete academic records including the latest results on the University’s letterhead
The documents should be submitted through email at the following address:
The subject line must include the words, “Finsch Diamond Mine Bursary Application 2022”
The last date of application is 12 November 2021
Students can contact Petra Diamonds for any queries related to this bursary:
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Petra Diamonds Ltd. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/