About Garden Cities
Garden Cities is a property development and management company in South Africa. It builds residential homes in various suburbs. Founded in 1919 by entrepreneur and politician Richard Stuttaford, the inspiration for the company came from renowned British urban planner Sir Ebenezer Howard. He proposed the development of newly planned towns for people living in slums during and after World War I.
Within the 100 years of its existence, Garden Cities has developed many world-class housing projects in South Africa, including:
- Pinelands Garden City
- Meadowridge Garden City
- Square Hill Garden City
- Elfindale Garden City
- Northpine Garden City
Much of the profits are reinvested in buying lands for future housing projects. Some of the profits are also diverted to build school halls and fund CSR initiatives.
Garden Cities Bursary 2023
Garden Cities offers financial aid to a certain number of students every year via bursaries. Known as the Garden Cities bursary programme, the aim is to uplift the lives of students who lack access to education because of financial constraints. Consequently, it creates a large pool of qualified professionals in the South African labor market.
For the academic session 2023-24, Garden Cities is inviting undergraduate and postgraduate students. They must be pursuing their respective qualification in one of the fields of study mentioned below:
- B. Pharmacy
- Bsc Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
- BSc Physiotherapy
- BSc Biotechnology
- BCom Finance
- BCom Gen
The value of the bursary will be decided on a case-by-case basis. The selectors will take into account the financial need by calculating the registration fees, tuition fees, and other costs.
Initially, the bursary will be awarded for one academic session. Students can reapply to get funded for the subsequent sessions. Selection will be subject to academic performance.
Eligibility Criteria For The Garden Cities Bursary
To be selected for the bursary funding, applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria. These are laid out by Garden Cities to select the most deserving candidates. Since there are a limited number of bursaries on offer, it cannot award to everyone. Therefore, always cross-check and ensure that you fulfill all the criteria.
The eligibility requirements for Garden Cities Bursary 2023 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be under the age of 26, if applying for the first time
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification
- Must be pursuing their qualification in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must be studying at a university that’s recognised
- Must have registered for their second, third, final, or Honours year in 2023 session
- Must not be receiving funding from other bursary programs like ETDP SETA or NSFAS
- The total household income must be between R 350,000 to R 600,000
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee selection. Applicants from the Western Cape province are preferred over others. Those with a superior academic track record will also get priority. The decision taken by Garden Cities regarding the selection will be considered final.
How to Apply For The Garden Cities Bursary?
If you’re interested in the Garden Cities bursary programme, consider applying for it. You need to go through a short application process that shouldn’t take long. However, make sure you make no mistakes along the process.
First, you need to download and complete the Garden Cities Bursary Application Form 2023.pdf
You need to take a printout of the form, fill it in using ink, and scan it back to PDF. The form asks for the personal details and academic details of applicants. Provide the correct information to all questions.
The second step is to prepare the following documents:
- ID documents (certified copies only)
- Matric certificate (certified copies)
- Progress report or study record issued by the university (certified copies)
- University financial statement detailing the expenses (certified copies)
- Proof of household income (recent payslips if employed; letter of unemployment if unemployed; pension advice if applicable)
Scan the above documents and save them in PDF format.
Finally, email the application and the documents to ‘email@example.com‘. For the subject line, insert ‘Garden Cities Bursary Application 2023‘.
Closing Date Of The Garden Cities Bursary
The last date for application is 17 February 2023. Submissions made after this date will not be considered.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details regarding the bursary programme, contact Mr Lucian Jasson at:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/