The GrandWest Bursary Program was founded in 2007 with the goal of giving financial assistance to 40 students from low-income families. Prospective students are those who are determined to succeed in their academic fields despite a variety of socioeconomic hurdles. It is vital to understand that the GrandWest Bursary Programme’s requirements are not solely academic.
GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World is South Africa’s largest entertainment attraction. The complex includes a world-class casino, an arcade games centre with interactive games, rides, and ten pin bowling alleys, two ice rinks. Sun International, one of Africa’s largest tourism, leisure, and gaming conglomerates, owns GrandWest.
GrandWest Bursary 2023
The GrandWest Bursary Program provides for students from low-income families. Prospective students are individuals who thrive in their academic fields despite facing a variety of socioeconomic problems.
Applications are now open for the GrandWest Bursary 2023 for eligible candidates. Students studying in the following fields will be eligible for the bursary:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary will cover the following expenses for all eligible candidates:
- Registrations fees
- Tuition fees in full
- An allowance of R5000
The students must reapply for the bursaries every year.
All the applicants need to satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for applying for the GrandWest Bursary 2023. Please note that failure to meet any of the criteria mentioned below can lead to your application being disqualified.
- You need to reside and be a South African citizen.
- You must not be above the age of 27.
- You need to be a resident of the province of the Western Cape.
- You need to have fulfilled Matric.
- You need to study or plan to study or enroll to study in an institution for undergraduate studies in South Africa. Please note that post-graduate studies do not count.
- You must be enrolled or registered at one of the following public tertiary institutions: the University of Cape Town (UCT), the University of the Western Cape (UWC), Stellenbosch University (SU), or the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT).
- You must not continue with subjects from the previous academic year.
- You need to excel in academics.
- You must not be working full-time.
- Students with disabilities are very welcome to apply.
How to Apply?
All eligible candidates must apply by filling out the application form. Download and complete the GrandWest Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
Applications to the GrandWest Bursary 2023 can be submitted by email only.
Please mail your completed application forms at:
Write ‘GrandWest Bursary Application 2023’ in your email subject.
All candidates are requested to submit clear copies of all the documents listed below, failure to which a candidate’s application stands cancelled.
- A certified copy of your ID.
- Your Matric certificate.
- A registration proof at one of the institutions mentioned above.
- Full academic results and qualifications of prior or current studies.
- A letter of acceptance to one of the tertiary institutions on their letterhead.
- Full statements outlining course fees from the institution on their letterhead.
- Course overview for the study in the tertiary institution.
- Proof of household income.
- Details of other financial assistance if received.
The applications for the GrandWest Bursary 2023 are open till 31 January 2023. Any applications submitted by candidates after this date are not acceptable.
For any enquiries or questions about the bursary, please contact:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/