About Hessequa Municipality
Hessequa Municipality is a Category B local municipality in Western Cape Province. It covers an area of 5733 square kilometers and administers the region between the lower Breede River and Gourits River. Previously it was known as the Langeberg Local Municipality and later renamed Hessequa. It means ‘people of the trees’ and comes from the Xhosa language, spoken by the Khoikhoi people.
The municipality provides a wide range of services to over 50,000 residents. This includes community services, town planning, construction, water and sanitation, protection and policing, and waste management. It also has several initiatives to improve the lives of the people.
Hessequa Local Municipality Bursary 2022
Hessequa Municipality offers financial assistance to students in the Hessequa Municipal area. The aim is to help as many students as possible who lack access to education. Doing so also allows the municipality to expand the region’s talent pool.
For the academic session 2022, the bursaries will be awarded to students pursuing a degree in one of the following fields of study:
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
The bursaries will be awarded for only one academic year. And there’s no renewal option too. Shortlisted candidates will get more information regarding this, the bursary amount, and what costs the programme will cover. It will be paid directly to the tertiary institution where the students are studying.
*** Related Bursaries To Explore: ***
- List of Accounting Bursaries & Scholarships listing updates.
- List of Law Bursaries & Scholarships listing updates.
Eligibility Criteria For The Hessequa Local Municipality Bursary
To be selected for the bursary funding, students must meet the eligibility criteria. Since there are a limited number of bursaries on offer, the Municipality cannot award them to everyone. It declines applications that do not meet all of the criteria. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for Hessequa Local Municipality Bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be a resident of the Hessequa Municipal designated area in the Western Cape province
- Must be in between the age of 17 to 35 at the time of applying
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must be pursuing a three-year degree programme at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- The applicants must be pursuing their studies in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- You must have a strong academic track record
- Must be receiving aid from other bursary or scholarship programme
- Must be genuinely passionate about uplifting the lives of people from backward communities
- Must be in need of financial assistance
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee bursary funding. Students belonging to disadvantaged backgrounds will be given priority over others. Applicants with a superior academic track record will also get preference.
How to Apply For The Hessequa Local Municipality Bursary?
If you’re in need of financial assistance, consider applying for this bursary programme by going through the application process. It’s a short process that shouldn’t take more than half an hour. However, make sure you make no errors. Incomplete and erroneous submissions are discarded.
You need to download and complete the Hessequa Local Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 .doc
The form has two sections, and you need to complete both. You need to provide personal, academic, and contact details, among other things. Make sure you input the correct and updated information to avoid rejection.
The applicants are required to submit the documents necessary for this bursary programme. Here’s the list of documents required:
- ID document (certified copies only, no older than three months)
- Matric certificate (certified copies only)
- Most recent academic records, if currently studying (certified copies only)
- Proof of registration at the tertiary institution (certified copies only)
- Proof of residential address (latest municipal account)
- Proof of income of parents/guardians (payslips if employed; affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of disability, if applicable, issued by a medical doctor
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
Scan all the documents and save them in PDF format.
Send the completed application form along with the PDF documents to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘.
For the subject line, use ‘You Name – Hessequa Municipality Bursary Application 2022‘. Double-check everything for accuracy and submit your application.
You can also send by post to the following address:
PO Box 29
Closing Date Of The Hessequa Local Municipality Bursary
The last date of application is 3 February 2022.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details regarding the bursary, contact Jaundré Delport at:
- Telephone: 028 713 8100
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/