About U.S. Embassy & Consulates
As the headquarters for U.S. Government representatives who are serving in foreign countries. The embassy is led by an ambassador who is the U.S. president’s representative. The purpose of the embassy is to assist American citizens who live in the host country and also interview people who wish to travel to the US for education, tourism or business purposes. They form an important bridge between the host country and the US government.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
The purpose of the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is to invite young as well as mid-career professionals from designated countries to the US to provide 1-year of non-degree graduate study, leadership development and professional collaborations with U.S. counterparts are provided to the Humphrey Fellows. They are invited to pursue graduate courses relevant to their professional interest. But since the Fellowship is not a degree program, a considerable portion of their time is engaged in professional development activities.
The activities include field trips, affiliations and consultations with U.S.-based establishments, workshops, developmental practices of practical useful strategies and research projects. The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program consists of components like academic enrichment, professional assistance and conferences.
The Fellows’ can also avail of a mid-career internship/residency that will be of at least six weeks in duration.
Based on leadership and commitment to public services in either public or private sector, the candidates are selected through a competitive process.
The Humphrey Fellowship offers opportunities in the following fields:
- Human and Institutional Capacity
- Rights & Freedom
- Sustainable Lands
- Thriving Communities
- Tuition and other academic fees at the assigned host university
- If required pre-academic English language training
- Living allowance
- Accident or sickness coverage
- Book allowance and one-time computer subsidy
- Air travel
- Professional development allowance
Eligibility Criteria For The Fellowship
Mentioned down below are the eligibility criteria for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022:
- A-year undergraduate degree (minimum, it can be BA + Honours or 4-year BA)
- 5 years of full-time professional experience (minimum, prior to August 2022)
- Have attained positions of significant leadership responsibility ( at local, regional or national level)
- Record of public services to the community (present or future commitment to public services: can be in private, public or in NGO sector)
- Need to demonstrate policy or management responsibilities and experience (exceptions can be made for specialists in substance abuse prevention & treatment and teacher of English as a foreign language)
Individuals with the following factors are not eligible for the fellowship program
- Attained graduate school in the United States (one academic year or more, seven years prior to August 2022)
- More than 6 months of U.S. in-country experience five years prior to August 2022
- Possessing U.S. permanent resident status or dual U.S. citizenship
How to Apply?
To apply for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022, you can click here.
Applicants need to submit the following documents while applying:
- Answers to questions in the online application (all essay responses in English addressing the questions/ topics)
- 2 letters of reference in English (one from the applicant’s current employer; letters have to be directly uploaded by the recommenders)
- Official transcripts of diplomas and grades in English. Uploaded transcripts must be valid and official documents.
Applicants uploading transcripts and diploma for higher education degree needs to contain a list of courses and grades that bear notarized translations and official legalization stamps
- Passport scan
- Scan of Dominica
- Original letter from employer showcasing confirmation of employment
- If the applicants are applying in the Student Abuse field of study, then they have to complete field-specific questions
- Medical forms are not needed to be uploaded initially, however, they may be required during medical assessment in the later stages.
All the applications have been closed for the 2022-2023 cycle. Applicants are requested to follow the official website of the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for further notice.
If you are interested in applying for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, applicants are requested to visit the nearest U.S. Embassy to them.
If that is not possible, then the applicants are requested to visit the official website of the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program and contact them using a form available on the website.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/