Providing the necessary academic resources to the talented students of the nation can go a long way in shaping their future for the better. When society has educated youth it always leads the nation on to the path of success in all aspects.
Student bursary programs are one of the best ways to provide financial support to deserving students. It helps them to achieve their academic dreams and serve the nation too.
If you are a previously disadvantaged student then the Imfundo Enhle Education Trust Bursary is a golden opportunity for you to pursue your dream career.
About Imfundo Enhle Education Trust
The Imfundo Enhle Education Trust was formed in April 2020 by Lucy Pearl Khofi. It is a BEE organization that works to extend support to those students who are passionate about academics. What makes this organization unique is its out-of-the-box thinking.
Imfundo Enhle Education Trust strives to fill the gap by assisting those students who were previously excluded by the bursaries. It administers student bursaries and also helps them by providing support and skill development.
The organization is driven by 4 values; Ubuntu (giving back to previously disadvantaged communities), Inclusion (helping everyone irrespective of their race, gender, etc.), Empowerment (empowering the youth through various plans), Diversity (promotion of diversity across Universities and organizations).
Imfundo Enhle Education Trust Bursary 2022
Through their bursary program, the organization aims to assist all the students who are struggling academically and provide them with a second chance. The organization is thus inviting applications from students to avail of the bursary for the year 2022 to study towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification.
The bursaries are available for students from previously disadvantaged communities who want to take up any field of study. As many as 20 000 African students will be funded through this bursary program and they will also receive a chance to work with government organizations.
Students will also receive a subsidy in their tuition fees at the Universities.
There are 2 offerings under this bursary program:
- Full bursary coverage: where students get full coverage of their study expenditure
- Partial funding: this is also partial funding for students who are already in receipt of other funding
- The maximum amount under this bursary is R150 000 per annum per student
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for receiving the Imfundo Enhle bursary students are required to meet certain criteria set by the trust. Those who do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be considered for the bursary.
- One must be a citizen of South Africa
- Students must be studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification
- Applicants of any age can apply
- The household income of applicants must not exceed R350 000 per annum
- One must belong to a previously disadvantaged community
- Students with disabilities are most welcome to apply
- Students in the rural areas can also apply for this bursary
- Those with mental disorders can also apply
- One must study at a recognized University in South Africa
- Applicants belonging to all races and genders can apply
How to Apply?
To apply for the bursary students need to fill the Imfundo Enhle Education bursary form online.
If you are unable to apply online (due to technical errors or a poor connection), you may submit your application via email to the trust at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email subject should be, “2022 Academic year applications-Name and Surname”.
- Students must carefully fill out the application form with accurate details so that the trust can contact them.
- Applicants must use their student email address to send their applications to the trust
Students must also submit the following documents to complete their application:
- Complete academic transcript. First-year students can attach their grade 12 June results
- Proof of registration at the University. Those in the first year may submit their proof of application/provisional acceptance letter.
- A motivational letter convincing the trust why you deserve the bursary.
- Fee statement
Shortlisted candidates are required to submit the following additional documents:
- Certified ID proof
- Full academic results
- Household income proof
- Death certificate if parents have died
The last date of application is 30 November 2021
Students can contact Imfundo Enhle Education Trust for any queries related to the bursary:
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact The Imfundo Enhle Education Trust. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/