Founded in 1995, the INISA (Initiative Southern Africa) is a German non-governmental organization. It works to inform German society about social, economic, political, and cultural development across Southern Africa to promote deeper understanding and interest and ease exchanges between South Africa and Germany. INISA is a completely non-partisan and independent firm that runs with funds from donations and membership fees.
The organization’s members belong both from South Africa and Germany and comprise students, country experts, researchers, and people who have a general interest in South African affairs.
INISA conducts various activities such as publishing research papers, arranging seminars talks, and lectures on South African affairs, and helping and mentoring Germans who wish to spend their time in South Africa.
To aid the development of South African states, it is essential to assist people in their academic goals, tertiary education, and social engagement. There are myriads of South African students who face difficulties when pursuing education, especially financial needs. To help these students, INISA offers a Student Grand for South African youth.
INISA Student Grant 2023
The INISA invites students from Universities and other tertiary institutions across countries within the SADC region to apply for the Student Grant 2023. The SDAC countries include:
- South Africa
- The Democratic Republic of Congo
INISA Student Grant 2023 will cover 75% of tuition fees and other costs such as study materials, books, residence fees, etc. up to a maximum Euro 3000 amount (or equivalent in local currency).
The INISA Student Grant 2023 is open to students of all subjects, especially science, medical, engineering, and economics students.
- If more than 1 student receives the grant, the maximum amount will be split equally.
- Students need to provide fee account records as proof of tuition-related expenses for INISA to calculate funds accordingly.
- Students will receive funds directly in their fees account at the respective University.
- Student needs to submit two reports on the progress of their studies in the year they receive the grant.
Students willing to apply for the INISA Student Grant 2023 must abide by the following criteria:
- Should possess the nationality of either of the SADC countries listed above
- Applicant must study full-time at a tertiary institution or University in either of the SADC countries listed above
- Students must be in 2nd or 3rd year of their undergraduate studies (must have completed a minimum 1 year of studies)
- Must NOT be a student of a Postgraduate degree such as Masters, Honors, or Ph.D.
How to Apply?
To apply for the INISA Student Grant 2023, go to the following link and complete the form:
Attach the following documents along with the application form. Incomplete documents may result in your application being rejected.
- A detailed CV (maximum size 800k, in pdf/doc/docx format)
- Your Photograph (maximum size 1 MB in jpg/gif format)
- Letter of motivation in 500-1500 words (maximum size 800 k, pdf/doc/docx format)
- Names and contact details of 2 people who support your application and can provide more information about you (non-family members)
- Information on additional funding from public or private sources such as tuition fee waivers, scholarships, grants, etc.
Do NOT use any other file formats than what is mentioned above.
The main criterion of the application form is the “Letter of motivation” which will heavily decide your selection. The main purpose of the letter is to represent a hint of your personality for INISA to understand you better. It should cover the following aspects:
- Why you chose a particular subject? What does the subject mean to you?
- What do you want to achieve with your studies? What are your goals in life?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Why do you think INISA should award you with this grant?
- How would this grant make a difference in your studies this year?
Additional documentation is NOT needed, such as copies of testimonials, diplomas, etc.
The application deadline is 30 July 2023.
INISA will conduct interviews with shortlisted candidates. INISA will notify the students about the application status in due time.
Dr. Sebastian Seedorf is the coordinator of INISA Student Grand 2023; contact him directly for any queries:
Tel: 0177 3308727
Or fill up the contact form here to send him an email: Contact form.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/