Founded in 1974, Investec is an asset management company and specialist banking group that operates globally. Currently, the firm is serving clients in three countries (the United Kingdom, Australia, and South Africa) through a variety of financial products and services.
Investec, listed on both the London Stock Exchange (LSE), and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), currently has more than 9000 employees worldwide. The company operates banking operations in Canada, the United States, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Jersey, Guernsey, Taiwan, Botswana, Mauritius, and Namibia.
Services offered by the bank include Private Banking, Investment Banking, Institutional Banking, and Corporate Banking.
Investec High School Bursary Programme 2023
The High School Bursary Programme, being offered by Investec for the 2023 academic year, invites high school students to apply. Students entering grades 10, 11 and 12 in 2023 are eligible to apply for the bursary.
Essentially, the program seeks to encourage young South Africans to pursue higher education, so that they may positively contribute to the economy, as well as contribute to the country’s development and become active members of society.
The company awarded 46 bursaries in 2019 through its High School Bursary Programme, and it awards bursaries every year to a number of deserving students.
Eligibility Criteria For The Bursary
Before applying, applicants must meet these minimum requirements. It is important to note that your application will not be considered if you do not meet all the requirements:
- The applicant must be a citizen of South Africa
- In 2023, you must be entering your 10th, 11th or 12th grade
- Your academic record must be strong
- Your academic performance in mathematics, science, or accounting must be excellent
- A minimum score of 70% is required for all subjects
- In Mathematics (and not Mathematical Literacy), you must have scored at least 70%.
- Your English score must be at least 70%
- To be eligible, you must be in financial need
- A minimum of one year of enrollment at your school is required (students won’t have to move schools; they will continue to study at their present school).
- These criteria must be met by your school:
- At least 90% of the students must have passed Matric
- At least 80% of the Matrics must qualify for university admission
- A minimum of 75% of the students in the school must be enrolled in Pure Mathematics
- At least 50% of the students in the school must achieve at least a 75% score for Pure Mathematics (but not in Mathematical Literacy).
- The school must have a minimum of 80% of their students achieving at least 50% in English
- A school must provide a supportive environment that is holistic in its approach to support the students
How to Apply For The Bursary?
In order to obtain an application form, applicants should contact the following email address: CSIHighSchoolBursary@investec.co.za
Note: Please write the email subject line as “Investec High School Bursary Application Request”
The following supporting documentation may be required to be submitted along with the application. Note: the following listing of required documents is for reference only and the final list will be provided with the application:
- Document of identification (certified copy)
- Results/ report for the 2021 mid-year (on your school’s letterhead)
- Results/ report for the 2022 mid-year (on your school’s letterhead)
- A testimonial from an educational official (this should be filled out on your application form)
- A testimonial from a community leader (significant person in the community such as a sports coach, religious leader, music teacher or team captain) (this should be filled out on your application form)
- An essay on your life (see the application form for more information).
- Proof of the household income of the parents or guardians (most recent payslips if employed, affidavit of unemployment (if applicable), most recent financial statements if self-employed, proof of pension or SASSA (if applicable), divorce certificate (where applicable), death certificate (where applicable), statement of one parent (in case of separation)).
Closing Date Of The Bursary
The last date of submission of the application is 16 September 2022. (extended time)
Any applications submitted after the closing date will not be accepted. So, please make sure to apply before the deadline to stand a chance to get your application considered.
Please contact Investec directly with any questions regarding this bursary program:
High School Bursary Team
Email address: CSIHighSchoolBursary@investec.co.za
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/