About Islamic Relief SA
Islamic Relief is a non-governmental organisation founded in 1984 in the United Kingdom to provide relief in areas affected by natural calamities. Through the funds donated by individual members around the world, it provides access to essential services, education, and sanitation to improvised communities. The NGO is guided by the Islamic principles of peace and caring for the world, as mentioned in Qur’an.
In South Africa, the organisation is registered as Islamic Relief SA under Section 21. To date, it has helped more than five million people suffering from AIDS in the country.
Islamic Relief Bursary 2022 – 2023
Islamic Relief is offering financial assistance to children who lack access to education. They help vulnerable children or orphans who have lost one or both of their parents to AIDS and other causes.
For the academic session 2022, the funding is available to undergraduate students in one of the following fields of study:
- Accounting Science and Economics
- Built Environment (Architecture, Construction)
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Students will be selected based on their needs. Once awarded, the bursary programme will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed textbooks
You’ll get compensation for prescribed textbooks in the form of allowance. The amount will be paid directly to the university where you’re studying.
As a requirement, bursars will have to participate in the Graduates Association after completing their studies. Along with that, they’d have to attend seminars and take part in activities, community outreach programmes hosted by Islamic Relief. If required, they’d have to volunteer at remote places affected by natural disasters.
More details will be provided to shortlisted candidates within a few weeks after the closing date. If you do not receive any communication, consider your application unsuccessful.
Eligibility Criteria For The Islamic Relief Bursary
To be selected for the bursary programme, you must fulfill all of the eligibility criteria. These are laid out by Islamic Relief to select the right candidates.
The eligibility requirements for Islamic Relief Bursary 2022 – 2023:
- The age of candidates must be between 18 – 24 years
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must be either studying or willing to pursue an undergraduate qualification in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must be either studying or willing to study at one of the eligible public universities
- Must be in need of financial assistance
- Must not be receiving funds from other bursary or scholarship programmes
- Must be committed to the studies
- Must be willing to help the community and the people after graduating
There’s no restriction on nationality or religion. Students of any nationality or religion may apply for funding. However, the final decision to award the bursaries lies with the organisation.
- ID documents / Passport for foreign students
- Matric certificate
- Grade 11 final results
- Proof of acceptance at the university / provisional acceptance letter
- Proof of income of parents/guardians (payslips, affidavit, pension statements)
- Death certificates, in case parents/guardians are deceased
- A quote of your tuition fees (certified copies)
- A list of your academic and personal achievements (within 250 words)
- Your involvement in the community (within 250 words)
- A motivational letter stating why you deserve the bursary funding (within 250 words)
How to Apply For The Islamic Relief Bursary?
To apply for the Islamic Relief Bursary, you must go through the application process. You can either apply online or offline. Follow the steps mentioned below:
To apply online, you must complete the online Islamic Relief Bursary application form. The form has got eight sections, and you need to complete all of them. Provide the correct and updated information. In the form, upload/provide the above documents:
Review your application and submit it.
If applying via email, you need to download and complete the Islamic Bursary Application form.
Scan the above documents and save them in PDF format. Then, send all of them to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org.’
If applying by post, send the completed application form and documents to:
- Johannesburg – 157 Barry Hertzog Avenue, Emmarentia, Johannesburg, 2195
- Pretoria – 197 Jewel Street, Engen Garage, Pretoria, 0007
- Durban – 405 Sparks Road, Sherwood, Durban, 4091
- Cape Town – 396 Imam Haron Road, Lansdowne, Cape Town, 7780
Closing Date Of The Islamic Relief Bursary
The last date of applying for the Islamic Relief Bursary is 10 January 2022.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details regarding the bursary, contact Islamic Relief at:
- Email – email@example.com
- Telephone – 011 486 0378
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/