In an era of advanced technology, computer knowledge is of utmost importance. This is why the Khulisa academy is offering a bursary training program for those students who are inclined towards computer studies. By helping the financially disabled students Khulisa Academy aims to empower their minds in this competitive world.
About Khulisa Academy
Launched by Dell, Khulisa academy trains previously disadvantaged students in High-Performance Computing. The academy derived its name from the isiZulu word “Khulisa” which means to nurture.
The sole aim behind the foundation of this academy is to assist financially weak students and enhance their IT capabilities. It conducts a High-Performance Computing (HPC) program that consists of 2 years of training enabling the students to reach their full potential and stretch their capabilities.
After training the students, the academy also arranges for their employment thus, ensuring that the students achieve their career goals.
Khulisa Academy Bursary Program
HPC means aggregating the computer power to receive a performance better and higher than an average desktop or computer. Large problems relating to engineering, science, or business can be solved efficiently with the help of HPC.
The Khulisa bursary program is a 2 year training program curated for students with a weak financial background. Those students who are keen to pursue a career in the I.T field and those who meet the eligibility criteria can enroll themselves in this bursary program.
There are only a limited number of placements for this bursary program. Students who wish to be considered for the bursary program must be open to expanding their computer knowledge and enhancing their IT skills.
Who is Eligible for the Khulisa Training Program?
Students who want to apply for the bursary programs have to fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the academy.
- The student must be a citizen of South Africa
- A minimum of 65% result is required in Physical Science, Pure Mathematics, English, and IT-related studies.
- Students should be between 18-24 years old.
- Age criteria are 18-30 years old for disabled students
- You must be willing to study at Khulisa Academy in Johannesburg
- Applicant must not receive any other scholarship or bursary program
- Students must possess excellent communication skills and be self-motivated
- Passing the Psychometric test is compulsory
- Applicant must be an Employment Equity candidate (female candidates preferred)
- Part-time or full time employed individuals must not apply
- Students must have an interest in IT or High Performance Computing and should be able to work under pressure
In addition to the above requirements students must have the following behavioral competencies:
- Must be a critical thinker
- Should be informative
- Must possess integrity and trust
- Patience is essential
Applying for the Training Programme
Those students who meet the above eligibility criteria can fill the Khulisa Academy Training Progrmme Application Form and attach the following documents. Failure to provide any of the documents can lead to the rejection of the application.
- Certified copy of ID document or passport
- An ID photograph
- Certified copy of the latest exam results
- Matric certificate (certified)
- A certified copy of the latest academic transcript
- Updated curriculum vitae (CV)
- 2 references who can recommend you for the bursary. The references must not be your family members
- Income proof of parents/guardians (pay slips, bank statement, etc.)
- Income proof of parents/guardians –if working in the informal sector you can attach an affidavit showing the gross monthly income
- Pension slip of parents/guardians (if applicable)
- Audited financial statement if parents/ guardians are self-employed
- Proof of maintenance payment and divorce decree if parents are divorced
- Death certificate of deceased parents.
- A motivational letter convincing the authorities why you should be granted the bursary. It is important to remember that the motivational letter should be precise, must contain your strengths and weakness, and showcase your capabilities in the field.
- The application form and all the documents must be emailed to: email@example.com
- The words” Khulisa Academy Bursary Application-Your Full Name” should be mentioned in the email subject line
- The closing date for submitting the application is 30 October 2022
Khulisa Academy has opened its doors to help deserving students of South Africa in nurturing their skills and helping them to succeed in their careers. Set your foot in the IT industry and become a skilled individual in the fastest growing sector with the help of the Khulisa Training program.
For more info about the program reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/