About Khumani Iron Ore Mine
Formerly called as BKM, or the Bruce, King and Mokaning Project, the Khumai Iron Ore Mine is roughly 65km to the north of Beeshoek Mine, and about 30km south of Kathu, in the Northern Cape.
The company took the place of Beeshoek Iron Ore as the primary iron ore producer of Assmang. It was intended to put up 10 million tons of export-grade iron ore annually. Upon the completion of the second stage of its expansion project, the Khumani Mines currently has an output of about 14 million tons each year.
Khumani Mine Bursary Programme 2021
In line with its goal of promoting skills development and education, Assmang Proprietary Ltd., through its sister company Khumani Mines, is offering bursary opportunities to suitable students.
The bursary programme will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Registration fees
- Accommodation and meal expenses
- Textbook fees
- Photocopying expenses
The Management reviews the bursary amount allocations each year and are adjusted accordingly. Contractual obligations, including the terms and conditions of the bursary award, will be sent upon appointment.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- A South African citizen
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a recognized field of study
- Candidates must be Northern Cape residents living in any of the following areas:
- For candidates with disabilities, a medical certificate is needed to confirm the nature of their condition
- African and Coloured applicants will be given preference
How to Apply and Application Details
Eligible applicants will need to submit their CV along with the following documents:
- Copy of valid South African ID document
- Proof of university registration/admission
- All academic results from university studies or Grade 12/matric
Send your CV with the required documents to:
15 April 2021
Send your enquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.